• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Brand New Smoker - First Time User

Started by scootusa, November 20, 2011, 08:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scootusa

Hello to this great forum and to all the amazing smokers out there.  I love smoked meat and have enjoyed on of my neighbors creations at our cul-de-sac parties and really wanted to get into this myself.  We lovely wife and kids got me the Original Bradley Smoker for my birthday this week and I am excited to start using it.  I am obviously a great novice at this, but I look to take off my training wheels pretty soon :)! 

I have already posted a few questions and I am sure I will be posting quite a few more as I get up to speed.  I cannot believe the amount of pure knowledge and passion in this forum, you all are great and I thank you in advance for your assistance.

By the way, we live in Colorado and I plan to use my smoker year round and really take advantage of it's versatility.

Scott

KyNola

Welcome aboard Scoot!  As you have already learned there a bunch of great people on here more than willing to help.

If no one else has already directed you to the recipe website let me give you the link.

www.susanminor.org  It is a recipe website established by a long time forum member.  The recipes are pretty much written for the Bradley but can easily be adapted to other smokers.  Most of the recipes were contributed by the forum members.  It is no longer necessary to "sign in" as it is now pretty much a "read only" site.

lumpy

Welcome to the forum Eh!

Where in CO?

Lumpy

ghost9mm

Hello and welcome to a really great forum, you will find that the folks here will try to help you anyway they can, most questions are answered within a short time..and there is NO question we as a group will not try and get you an answer...

Here is a link that will help you with some of the acronyms used on this site...

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?488-Answers-To-Bradley-Smoker-FAQ-s&p=766#post766
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

ArnieM

Hi Scott and welcome to the forum.  If you can't find answers to your questions here, you probably can't find them anywhere.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

beefmann