New forum member:Long time reader

Started by BroSitt, December 18, 2011, 07:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BroSitt

Hi all, my name is Brock, I live in Charleston, SC and I have been reading and learning from all of the great smoking knowledge for the last few months.  I finally signed up to be a member, so...here goes.

I got my OBS off a guy on craiglist in Savannah, GA as a throw in for a Vermont Castings grill I was buying from him.  Sixty bucks and it was mine.  I didn't really know what I was getting, but boy this Bradley has been a nice treat.  I've had many successful smokes thus far with a couple so-so's.  The best things so far that I have smoked are the blazin' pistachios, chicken wings, Thanksgiving Turkey, and plenty of cheese.  My not so great attempts were both beef actually, one brisket and one chuck roast.  The flavor was good on both, but I just over did them and they were tough.  Today, I am smoking some cashews for the first time actually, hopefully they'll be good.  I'm looking forward to trying some fish soon (salmon most likely) and some kind of jerky in the near future!

I just wanted to say hello and Thanks for all of the great people here and the information you all share so often. 

SiFumar

Welcome!  Start posting some of your smokes with pictures!

Quarlow

Damn, another one of them lurkers. Welcome to the forum. If you want to perfect that beef just ask these guys. As you likely have seen, they know what to do. Sweet deal on the bradley.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

beefmann

ragweed

Bearcub6

Welcom to the forum BroSitt -- how did the cashews turn out??

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

BroSitt

Thanks, for all of the welcomes everyone.  Smoking FOOD has become my new favorite hobby over the last few months, and I look forward to some future great smokes with this forum's help.  p.s., I've been trying to keep up with the picture posting  from my last few days of smoking.

ArnieM

Hi Brock, welcome and congrats on the smoker deal and joining up.  You'll get the hang of the beef.  And remember, if in doubt, ask.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Scotty Dog

Welcome to the clan.  My best advice on the tough meat is to toss it in the crock pot for a day. 

mikecorn.1

Mike