• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

fresh smoked??

Started by smokeNcanuck, December 16, 2011, 09:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokeNcanuck

If I want to smoke some sausage which will be finished on the grill at a later time, what temp should I smoke them to??
I was thinking around 140ish??  I will be putting cure #1 in these.
just not sure if I have to fully cook/smoke or can just semi smoke freeze and fully cook at a later date.

Thanks for any help!!
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

viper125

I'd do 140 and let rest. Should be good. 145 if you want to be real careful.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Habanero Smoker

With the sodium nitrite, you could take them out at any temperature, then refrigerate or freeze until ready to fully cook. Just make sure when you cook them at a latter date they are fully cooked.

On the other hand you can take them up to 152?F internal temperature. That will give you quick and easy brown and serve sausage you can finish on the grill.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

smokeNcanuck

great THANKS guys!!  much appreciated!

cheers,
sNc
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

njxbow

"With the sodium nitrite, you could take them out at any temperature, then refrigerate or freeze until ready to fully cook. Just make sure when you cook them at a latter date they are fully cooked."

this is what i do with my venison kielbasa. i cold smoke them at 100 degrees for 4 hours then package and freeze. i then fully cook them by grilling/frying/ roasting. i find that i get a much moister sausage as they only get high heat one time. the taste is exactly the same