• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Chicken Legs, Pork Roast, or Turkey Breast?!

Started by smoker pete, December 27, 2011, 11:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoker pete

Everyone knows that the succulent white meat from a Turkey Breast is probably the leanest and best choice to make if you're watching your Cholesterol, Calories, Fats, and/or Sodium - Right?  ...  NOT !!  ...  Being someone who needs to watch all those numbers I decided to check out 3 items I found in my freezer.  This is by no means a scientific test but it opened my eyes and maybe it will help others when they're making decisions.

Been telling my nutritionist that certain cuts of Pork are leaner than Chicken or Turkey but she's not convinced.  Course if she had her way I'd be a Vegan  :-\ ;D ... Not that there's anything wrong with that!!

Serving Size:  4 oz

Kirkland Swift Premium Pork Sirloin Tip Roast:
Enhanced with up to 10% of a solution of Pork Broth, Sodium Citrate, & Natural Salt

Foster Farms Chicken Drumsticks:
100% Natural

Master Cut Turkey Breast:
Moistness enhanced by up to 15% of a solution.  Seasoned with Real Creamery Butter

Food for thought.  Next time you're in your local grocery store check out some of the numbers ... It just might surprise you!!
* This is not a scientific test and I excluded Beef, other Pork cuts, Chicken Breasts/Thighs, Turkey legs/Thighs, Fish, etc.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

viper125

Well I learned it a few years back. Not that i'm all that smart but I have diabetes. They had me watching my sugars 6 times a day and blood work every 1-2 weeks. I started noticing things i thought were low or sugar free would run up my sugar. What I finally did was cut out all the processed food and meats I could. Started eating beef and pork straight cuts. Bought farm raised chickens and foul and caught my own meat and fish. Sugars started dropping quickly! I now eat only my own processed food and I control brine's and things that would mess my sugar up. Now with my meats and unprocessed foods Im able to keep my sugar good. So I guess my smoking helps keep me in better health. Now hows that for an excuse to smoke. LOL
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

devo

QuoteNow hows that for an excuse to smoke.
Best excuse I ever heard. Way to go viper I will add that one to my list