• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Rust?

Started by nateben, December 27, 2011, 10:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nateben

After using the BDS this weekend, I went to clean up and put it away and noticed some orange-ish coloring on the inside of the door and on the black surface just inside the door. I scrubbed at a spot with some damp paper towels a bit to see if it would wipe away, but it did not.

Has anyone else noticed this type of discoloring? Would it be rust forming?

Thanks for any help.

GusRobin

If it is new it is the natural coloring of the metal due to the heat and smoke. With continued use it will turn black.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

devo

Like Gus said over time it will just turn black. That is just the normal tempering of the metal to the heat you are subjecting it to.

nateben

It's relatively new, I suppose. This is maybe the 10th or so time I've used it.

devo

It's nothing to worry about nate. When it turns so black from the smoke and it starts to peal off the walls just take a old newspaper crumpled up and scrub them down to clean it up a bit. Thats all you should have to do down the road, but I think you have a lot more smoking to do before that will ever happen

nateben

OK, good to know. Thanks for the info!

KyNola

Whatever you do, don't try to scrub the black off of the interior.  The blacker, the better.  If it begins to flake just brush that away.

FLBentRider

X2 What they said...

It's a smoker not an autoclave...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

beefmann

nothing to worry about

NePaSmoKer

ghost9mm

Yep !!! what they said...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General