Newbie's First Attempt

Started by bobleslie777, December 30, 2011, 04:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobleslie777

Greetings!  I received a OBS for Christmas from some friends that know I enjoy all things cooking.  I have seasoned it as per instructions and intend to make an attempt at ribs.  I have boneless pork ribs.  I purchased 4 pounds but I think it is actually closer to 6 total.  I have been looking at recipes and have ideas.  Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

beefmann

welcome to the forum.

try a basic rub of:
paprika
black pepper
granulated garlic
ground mustard

smoke for 2 hours with oak continue to cook at 225 box temp till an Internal Temp of 170... after the smoking process mop with your favorite bbq sauce, then once again at 160 f

good luck

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

ghost9mm

Hello and welcome toa really great forum...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

bobleslie777

Thanks for the replies.  Getting ready to start in a few.  Will post photos of finished product. Here we go!

bobleslie777

:) Ribs turned out great.  Special thanks to Beefmann because I followed your advice on time and temp!  Pictures will follow as soon as I figure out how to load them on here.  Also, I am storing the OBS in its original box so to make carrying it easier, I took a box cutter and cut to partial ovals in opposing sides of the box, folded the pieces in, and made handles.  Obviously, I cut the box when the smoker was not in it. 

beefmann

one thing you  may consider  is getting a shed of some kind so you  wont  have to be moving it all the  time.... here is one idea....

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=17581