• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Weston 10 inch slicer for parts

Started by FLBentRider, December 31, 2011, 08:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLBentRider

Mine, a refurb that I got on clearance for $99.00 has qualified to be replaced by annoying me to my last nerve. I now have 20lbs of bacon to slice by hand.

Belt-driven is not reliable.

I have tightened the belt as far as it will go and I can still stop the blade with finger pressure.

I am getting a new Chefs choice 632 from Williams-Sonoma for $299, plus a free extra blade.

If anyone wants anything off it in the way of parts, you pay shipping, PM me.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

Well that sucks..

You'll love that Chef's Choice.  I have the baby brother to that one, and it works like a champ.

FLBentRider

Quote from: squirtthecat on December 31, 2011, 08:12:13 AM

Well that sucks..

You'll love that Chef's Choice.  I have the baby brother to that one, and it works like a champ.

I've really "used up" that slicer, for the amount of meat that I have run through it, I definitely got my $$ worth. It was $139.00 shipped, like 4 years ago.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KyNola

That DOES suck!  I bought the same one you have Randy, think we bought them at the same time and mine still works like a champ.

Congrats on the new slicer though. :)

As for all that bacon, do you have a friend who owns or runs a restaurant?  See if they have a slicer they will let you run your bacon through.

FLBentRider

Quote from: KyNola on December 31, 2011, 08:16:45 AM
That DOES suck!  I bought the same one you have Randy, think we bought them at the same time and mine still works like a champ.

Congrats on the new slicer though. :)

As for all that bacon, do you have a friend who owns or runs a restaurant?  See if they have a slicer they will let you run your bacon through.

We do, I think I may have asked it to do a little too much almost frozen jerky meat. I've probably run 300 lbs of eye round through it.

I have a friend that works in a supermarket deli, no dice. I may just freeze the slabs until the new slicer comes in.

You want any of this one? Blade, sharpener?

I've got no room for things that don't work, it's going on the curb next week.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KyNola

Quote from: FLBentRider on December 31, 2011, 10:22:19 AM
Quote from: KyNola on December 31, 2011, 08:16:45 AM
You want any of this one? Blade, sharpener?

I've got no room for things that don't work, it's going on the curb next week.
I am just like you. I have no patience for things that don't work.

HSC5690

Nothing worse than a tool not working like it should when you need it.  I was in Bass Pro Outlet store here in Springfield, Mo yesterday and they had 3 of the Chef's Choice 610 slicers for $50.00 each.