Hi from SWFL

Started by buckmark, January 03, 2012, 05:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckmark

Hi enjoying your forum ,I don't own a Bradley yet not sure what to buy the Original or the Digital. I've used many makes over the years
right now I have a Large BGE and a Weber 26.75 kettle hope to add a Bradley smoker soon. well back to reading some more post to help make up my mind
Large Green Egg
Weber kettle 26.75
Cajun Grill
Cold Beer

Wildcat

Welcome. I have the original and added a PID for control. Less expense than the digital and better control. Works fine without the PID - I just wanted less temp fluctuation. Other than the electronic control on the digital, and perhaps overall size, both units are the same. Keep in mind that your heat source is limited so cabinet temp is slow to recover when the door is opened (especially when the meat is cold). The Bradley was not designed for high heat or fast cooking.

I'm in NW FL.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

buckmark

thanks ,The more I've been reading the more I think I'll go with the OBS---- what PID do you use ---- was not designed for high heat or fast cooking is OK with me I think it will open up different types of cooking
Large Green Egg
Weber kettle 26.75
Cajun Grill
Cold Beer

Wildcat

Another forum member built a PID for me. I do not think they were selling any for Bradley's back then. There are many members on here that can steer you in the right direction on PID brand.

I think you will find that for many dishes, the low, slow, and pure smoke the Bradley puts out is as good as it gets. Such as pulled pork. Also, with some minor alterations you can actually cold smoke. I recommend that you keep your faster cooking appliances for smoking/grilling steaks. Some meats just need to be cooked at a higher temp. You can smoke steaks in the Bradley and then grill, but IMHO it is just not as good. Besides, why clean more grates/shelves than you need to.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

beefmann

ghost9mm

Hello and welcome to a really great forum...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill