Raw Dog

Started by cobra6223, January 15, 2012, 07:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobra6223

Anyone ever make rawdog, I know it's basically ground round,egg,onion and spices, I've had it with just salt and pepper and then I have it made by a butcher that used other spices, any one have have recipe they might  like to share? Thanks Tim

Tenpoint5

Tim I would love to help but I haven't had any of that since I left Germany. I know the practice is highly frowned upon here in the states
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

lumpy

Used to eat lots of tartar years ago.
My mom used to make it with lots of spices and a raw egg. We would then schmear it on rye bread.
Some times she would add some capers.

Tenderloin is the only cut that I would use to grind.
Does it bring back memories Chris? ;)

Lump

La Quinta

My Grandfather used to make steak tartar when I was a kid and I remember my parents eating it but they wouldn't let us kids eat it...but I have asked my Mom what cut they made it with...and it was tenderloin..looked kookie to us as kids...we thought we were going to have some hamburgers for dinner!!! But...not so much...adults ate the burgers raw!!! :)

3rensho

We make it here for special occasions.  As long as everything is impeccably fresh, no worries.  We keep the raw meat mixture and the ray egg separate until serving and then incorporate the egg.  Delicious stuff.  Forgot to add - In the alps you can get it made with raw horse meat - folen (colt).  Better than beef.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

RAF128

My parents used to make it and it was great.    Was told that in the old country it was made from pork but never could get up the nerve to try that

cobra6223

well now that everyones memories are flowing, what about recipes? Chris the locker that used to make it were it was the best was at Farmersburg, not sure if rthat place is still open or not. Thanks for all the stories about it, it was very interesting to read them.
Tim