• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Fresh Italian Sausage...

Started by Sam3, January 16, 2012, 03:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam3

After being away for a week, I figured I would do something simple and quick. Besides, the wifey has been asking for me to make some.

The players...9 lbs of Picnic trimmed up well with TSM Italian Sweet seasoning.

Ready to go.

Looking good

All completed.

Left them in the refrig for 4 hours or so before I vac sealed them. Not sure if that does anything or not, but i needed a nap.  ;D

And done...

The wife made a sauce with a pound of these, it was very good!

Thanks for looking!

3rensho

Great job!!  Those really look fine.  Wife has been on my case too to make a batch.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Keymaster

Sam3

Thanks guys. This was my first time making sausage. I watched Kirby's video on how he made his German Franfurters and that really helped out alot!
Going for the Hot Sausage next weekend.  ;)

SouthernSmoked

Oh, heck yeah! Looks pretty darn tasty!

Nice job Sam!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

OU812

devo

Hey Sam those links look perfect, a home run on your first try. Now theres no stopping you I bet.

pikeman_95

Sam
Those are perfect looking sausages. For your first try you did great. You did a great job of stuffing. All the same size and all the same length. When you get that cannon working slow it down and use the same techniques.
Kirby

Sam3

Quote from: pikeman_95 on January 22, 2012, 09:10:48 PM
Sam
Those are perfect looking sausages. For your first try you did great. You did a great job of stuffing. All the same size and all the same length. When you get that cannon working slow it down and use the same techniques.
Kirby

Kirby, I did the pinch technique you showed in your video. That was a huge help! It made twisting that much easier.

MTFiddler

Sailor

Yes Sir Boys.....we hooked another one on sausage making.  Too late to turn back now  ;D  Sam you done good!

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

ghost9mm

Really looks good Sam, nice work play... :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill