Hello from Illinois

Started by rsheinrich, January 26, 2012, 07:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsheinrich

Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself.

My name is Ryan and I just got (myself) a OBS for Christmas.  I live in Illinois and love to grill/cook and now smoke.  I'm married and have to kids.

So far I've done a batch of beef jerky (man that stuff turned out great, the kids LOVED it).  I also did a whole chicken (it turned out great flavor wise, but I undershot the cooking time [had to finish it in the over]...yeah, the Bradley cook book said 2-3 hours...for a 2-3 lbs bird...I have a 5.5 lbs bird...my bad). 

I'm looking forward to continue smoking more, and doing a couple of the mods that I've seen on the forums (the fan mod in particular).  I also think I'm going to run an exhaust vent for the OBS using flexible duct (I have my smoker in the garage -- detached from the house).

I'm looking forward to some great time here on the forums and smoking!  Pleasure in advance to meet you all.

-Ryan

KyNola

Welcome to the forum Ryan.  Where are you located in Illinois?  There are several members in and around Illinois.  I'm located in Paducah KY, far western Kentucky right across the Ohio River from Southern Illinois.

Don't be afraid to ask the simplest of questions.  We have already all asked them and are more than willing to help you hit the ground running.

squirtthecat

pensrock

beefmann

slowpoke

If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

mikecorn.1

Welcome to the forum.
One important thing is to cook by IT and not so much by time in the Bradley. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

ghost9mm

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

SouthernSmoked

Welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked