• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

50 degrees is not enough!

Started by teamlund, February 12, 2012, 10:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teamlund

hey guys I am doing my first smoke and cant get my digital bradley above 50 degrees!

I have the oven on as well as the generator without any pucks loaded in.....it is cold outside (26 degrees) but the smoker is out of the wind and even in the sun and I cant get it above 50 degrees.... door has been closed..

KyNola

If this is your first smoke, let's check a few things.  Open the door just a crack and see if the element is glowing red.  If it is glowing red, the problem lies elsewhere.  If it is not glowing red, unplug and replug all connections on the back of both the tower and the smoke generator.  Plug them in firmly.  You may also want to open the smoke generator and see if you have any loose connections there too.

Let us know what you find and we will go from there.

Habanero Smoker

Here is a link to many trouble shooting tips:

Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KyNola

teamlund,
Did you get your BDS heating?

teamlund

was gone for a few hours... Came home and the unit was at 79 degrees... I punched it up to 250 on the dial just to see if i can get it to raise...

also, i cracked open the door and there is not any glowing red....

rsherman24

sounds like your element is bad, the heat is just coming from the smoke generator.  Check the troubleshooting tips also, but give Bradley customer service a call.  They will send you a new element out asap.  I had the same issue on my third smoke

beefmann

check the cords for them being properly seated on the  smoke generator and cabinet

teamlund

Quote from: beefmann on February 12, 2012, 05:10:17 PM
check the cords for them being properly seated on the  smoke generator and cabinet

i checked the cords on the back of the unit and one of them sort of "clicked" alittle and now I have that beautiful red glow on the inside. The temp inside sard quickly to over 100 degrees... I am up and rolling now. Thanks for being patient with a newbie