• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoking ribs and chicken today

Started by matchu77, July 05, 2006, 12:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matchu77

Hey all, smoking 2 racks of spare ribs and 2 whole 4lb chickens in the BS. Got a late start because of storms. Well preheated to 260 put in meat, went down to 145. After 1:30min 179 lever all the way right. Normal ? meat was room temp before. I use Maverick thermometer. this time I connected it to middle rack thru vent because I was using top rack. I'll have some beer and enjoy my cooking. If I don't become a good smoker, at least I'll be a good drinker ! Hope everyone had a safe 4th. Will post results.     Matt

iceman

Sounds about right to me Matt. Let her get to 200 range and kick back and enjoy the day. I usually cut the smoke at 3 to 4 hours, let it finish to temp, then the FTC thing. Had a wonderful 4th except for the fire scare at 2 a.m. The woods are really dry out here this year. Chicken and ribs just seem to go together and man are they tasty. Have a great meal. ;D

matchu77

Thanks Iceman, well it took about 3hrs to get to 200. I had ribs above the chicken which I think gave it nice basting ! smoke for 2hrs. Took chickens out at 4hr mark. They were AWESOME ! not too much smoke and the breasts were juicy. Ribs came out soon after,coated with applejuice, wrapped in foil, back in for 2hrs then FTC for an hour(had to leave the house). Had a great 10pm snack of tender,flavorful ribs. Just found the recipe forums list http://www.susanminor.org/ and will work my way down. next is a turkey,ham or pulled pork Whoo hooo !

icerat4

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Smokin Joe

Joe Johnson
Founding Partner
Caroline's Rub - Dry Rubs, Smoked Salt, and Texas Chili Seasoning

Be sure to sign up for our Smoke and Spice Newsletter!

Oldman

QuoteJust found the recipe forums list http://www.susanminor.org/ and will work my way down. next is a turkey,ham or pulled pork Whoo hooo !

It is always good to hear that someone finds value in the work  of so many members here.  Sometimes folks call it "Olds" site... but the truth is it is OUR communty's site.  So many members put much personal time into it that calling it Olds site is just flat out wrong.

The recipe site is OUR site not Old's site.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!