• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

ANOTHER brisket/jerky/pork smoking and cooking question????

Started by Consooger, February 25, 2012, 08:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consooger

With the initial smoke process. Lets say for my brisket I am doing tomorrow, if I am smoking it should I also set at a temp of 220 or above while smoking for 4 hours or start the temp off lower for the initial 4 hours and then bump it up?

Also does this hold true for all other meats? Jerky, pork, etc....

Thanks!

John
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

TedEbear

I've only smoked brisket and pork for the foods you listed.  On those you would set the temp to whatever you plan on cooking at for the entire time, smoking or not.

mikecorn.1

The whole time at the temp you are smoking/cooking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Consooger

PERFECT! I got this baby wrapped in her "diaper" seasoning. She will go on tomorrow morning as soon as I get home. I soo cannot wait to throw this on.  Pictures to come soon
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

Sailor

It's way past morning here in Florida.   ;D  You got the smoke a goin?

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Consooger

This baby has her "flavor diaper" removed and been smoking for an hour now has 2.5 left of hickory and apple! I'm just jumping into bed after a 10 hour night shift but got my maverick ready to wake me at the temps I need. Also har wifey. Changing the water in me with this one! Pictures to come...

John
               -My Wife