• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

FaceBook & Tweets

Started by NePaSmoKer, March 01, 2012, 04:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Dont know how many of you use FB or Twitter. They are changing again as is Google.

I found this site called Pinterest. It looks pretty cool, dont look like allot of junk being posted. Huge amount of photos and descriptions. I joined but they have a waiting list and email you an invite. Guess cuz the site is just starting to get bigger.

ExpatCanadian

I know I'm mostly in the minority these days by NOT using either of these, but I just can't bring myself to broadcast my business to the world at large.  I do use Google services, but more and more I am looking at ways to minimize my exposure to their own rather scary data collection policies...  especially from today.

I still prefer old-school online social networking...  forums like this, or going back further, newgroups and mailing lists.  But,even with these, I can search now on key words that I know I was posting about on newsgroups 20 years ago at University and STILL find links to my posts, so even that is a bit scary.

But, I work in IT...  and I am totally pro-tech in virtually every way, so it's hard to find a balance sometimes.

mikecorn.1

That new pinterest is really catching on. From what I hear, and I don't know exactly how it works, you can find all kinds of recipes and ideas on things others do. It's faster is someone actually is a member and they send you an invite. At least that's what my sis in law told my wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

ExpatCanadian

Damn...  made the mistake of browsing to the pinterest site....  looks pretty cool...  so much to look at!!  There goes work this afternoon  ;D

Rckcrwlr

I am so tired of all of these...they have become a replacement for talking to people.

I have a FB and G+.

FB is only for me to post up food pics and make my friends jealous.

I like G+ much better.  Less BS.

Not going to add another one to the mix.  May kill all of them and start picking up the phone and inviting my friends to join me on my food escapades. 

SouthernSmoked

My wife uses Pinterest......She really likes it.

I'm still using FB and Twitter at this time but I think I will look into pinterest.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

3rensho

Afraid I have no use for FB or Twitter.  Did try them both out for three months each just to see what they were about. I am always amazed that people post such detail about their boring little lives.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

wyrman

I use Facebook, but I don't post a lot on it. I use it to keep up with my family in Arizona and some cousins in New Mexico. I post pics every now and then of my trips and bbq.
It's a great way to keep up with family that I would otherwise hardly ever hear from.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: wyrman on March 01, 2012, 08:16:48 AM
I use Facebook, but I don't post a lot on it. I use it to keep up with my family in Arizona and some cousins in New Mexico. I post pics every now and then of my trips and bbq.
It's a great way to keep up with family that I would otherwise hardly ever hear from.
DITTO!!!!  I only got on it to keep in contact with relatives. I dont post anything about what I'm doing or where I am.

Mike

TedEbear

I have a FB account but it is only there so that any old high school buddies, etc., can look me up if they want to.  I have one pic posted and I go on it maybe once every other month.

wyrman

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on March 01, 2012, 08:42:32 AM
Quote from: wyrman on March 01, 2012, 08:16:48 AM
DITTO!!!!  I only got on it to keep in contact with relatives. I dont post anything about what I'm doing or where I am.

We take two or three trips a year to somewhere tropcal and I wait until we're back to post any pics. The family loves seeing the places that we go to so I put them on there for them.

JZ

No FB for me and don't know or care what Twitter is. I already spend too much time on the computer - mostly on this forum but I love it here.

Sailor

No FB for me either.  I try to stay off Google as well.  Heck I don't even text ..... got it blocked on my phone  :o

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

RossP

I use FB to keep in touch with my kids and to promote the buisness. as far as twitter I do not use it heck I don't even understand how to use it. FB does have some good features that I like but in reality it is a time waster.
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

hybridcx

My wife is addicted to pintrist... Alot if cool stuff on there also...