My first batch of jerky with pics

Started by Consooger, March 11, 2012, 02:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consooger

So this was my second attempt in my new smoker and I decided to run a batch of sweet heat (my own recipe) of jerky through my new toy. My first smoke was a brisket (not your traditional first smoke but I said WHAT THE HELL, that turned out awesome and I will post those pictures later), so back to the jerky.

got a 5 lb batch of london broil tripped and sliced. Since this was my first time and I sliced it with a knife some turned out a little too thick but I do however like chewy jerky. I seasoned this with Cabela's sweet and hot jerky mix (which I must say was pretty damn good) but I tweaked it up some. I added 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar, and 1 finely diced habanero pepper for that sneaky heat and 2 ounces of honey. I also added red pepper flakes for an added kick. I let sit in a flavor orgy for 24 hours and with each other and pulled the following morning.

waiting and to go in

she's heating up, some brews and some tunes, what makes a better day to smoke?!

finally rolling

30 mins left

finished product, yeah this stuff didn't last long. Have 2 orders I have to make this week for people and one for myself. Let me tell you this packs some punch but is VERY good!!!!!!
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

SiFumar

mikecorn.1

That looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)