smoking stick sausage

Started by the rockin E, March 11, 2012, 01:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the rockin E

Hi new to all this stuff. including computers. Just moved down from the great white north ( MinneSoooTA ) to Oklahoma. We are looking for recomendations on smokers so we can make our own stick sausage and hot dogs . Have made venison sausage before  and know how to make hot dogs but we need a smoker to do it. We had the local butcher shop smoke it for us before.  We smoke venison hindquarters and other meat on our weber now . Would like to be able to smoke cheese also. So any and all recomendations are wellcome. Thank you all.

slowpoke

HI,and Welcome.I bought a 4 rack digital bradley smoker and am I ever sorry I did.I should have bought a 6 rack digital smoker from Bradley. More room,Better smoke dispersal. I couldn't be happier with my 4 racker.Just my 2 cents worth.Great place here.
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

4given

Welcome to the Forum! Lot's of good folks and info here!
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Green Mountain Grill "Daniel Boone" Pellet Grill
Webber "Q" 100

fishrman

Welcome to the forum.  You'll find you'll get all the free advice you can pay for here, so don't be afraid to ask.  I've got the 4-rack DBS and also think I would have preferred the 6-rack to provide more smokin' space.  I've done lots of snack sticks and cheese, along with turkey, salmon, tuna, nuts, pork butts, ribs, etc., so you can see the Bradley is versatile enough to handle a wide variety of foods.