• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

I've made my decision--I'm basically leaving.....

Started by Oldman, February 13, 2006, 07:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

I've made my decision--I'm basically leaving these forums. There are two main reasons.

First Wade Bradley writes he will get them fix. Others have written and just like my last E-mail to him they did not get an answer. The boards are still broken and enough is enough for me.

Second a trusted member here saw where Wade Bradley posted and then it was deleted. I can't find where he is even a member unless he joined using something other than his name. It takes at least a super global moderator or a full Admin to remove a member. A person who joins cannot just remove themselves. Simple put to reverse joining and posting took some action beyond that of a normal member.

Next, I'm not even going to call Wade Bradley.  It is not worth my time or effort. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck then it is more than likely a duck.  

As far as the data base goes I feel we already have the important stuff on the recipe site.... our time tested and proven recipes plus all of the other important information that members here put their hearts and souls into.

One member here posted that if you build it they will come. Well part of it is already built, but at the moment I have it hidden and you just cannot see it yet. I figure in a couple of days I will be done with it.

It will be laid out somewhat differently than here. One of the frustrations I've had is trying to find something. For example there will be a Category just for Addons. i.e PID / TS Controllers, box fans, heating elements etc.. If needed then each of these items will have their own topic specific posting board.

There are toys on those boards others only wish they had. One of the simple ones is you can directly upload an image from your computer into your posting--and the board will auto thumbnail it for ya~~!

If as the member said.. you build it and we will come then if you all do I will upgrade the site to a V-D server.

As several other members have suggest both in E-mails and in postings is to leave these boards as they are and just check for the new person's questions. Invite them over for an answer.

I'm sure that Wade will find out about this and he might just close down this site. If he does he is cutting his nose off to spite his face. His best option is a redirect to our site from his home page.

BTW we all now also own a new domain name to reflect what our recipe site is all about. The current address will have a redirect to the new name.

Several folks have offered to help. What I would like to see is two or three members as moderators per board. nsxbill is a super moderator,  however I feel we should have at least one more. Next I will start with one member to teach them how to be an Admin. After that there will be others. The reason I will only teach one person at a time is if you make a mistake and push the wrong button Trey (my webmaster) is not going to be very happy with ya.

Also Admin will have to master VoIP so I can talk to them via my voice server. It makes teaching a whole lot easier. In fact, without it I would not even try.

Also for those who use MSN Messenger you can add me to your list under the E-mail address: raye @ rminor . com (remove the spaces.)

Cya all in a few days when we are finished with the set up.

EDIT During the change over to a V-D server the recipe site might not be up during that time... However that will not last long.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

bubbagump

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />
There are toys on those boards others only wish they had. One of the simple ones is you can directly upload an image from your computer into your posting--and the board will auto thumbnail it for ya~~!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
YAHOO!!![:p][:D]

I'm with ya Olds, you've got my support!

Bubbagump

ChefBill

Raye, I can see right now I'm going to be visiting the "Minor Board" more ofter. Probably going to become the Major board faster than you think. [:)]

<i>I've been wondering if Wade Bradley has been at the "Shot Show" in Las Vegas this last week showing off his new bigger smoker in the display booth and that's why we've not heard anything. Still no excuse, this is a real bad time to loose the forum with the publicity he will be wanting.[xx(] With all the desention on the forum that could really hurt him right now.</i>

ChefBill
If you can eat it, you can smoke it.
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font size="2">Still no excuse, this is a real bad time to loose the forum with the publicity he will be wanting. With all the desention on the forum that could really hurt him right now.
</font id="size2"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

There is an old saying... a customer in the hand is worth two in the bush. Being treated like a Red Headed Step Child does-not-get-er-done with me. How long would it had taken him to at least had one of his employees post something???? <b>Sorry Folks but it will be about another month before we can get the boards fixed.</b> Something? Anything?  Nadda~~~!

With all of the desention on the forums now he has only himself blame. It is not like several of us have not written.

Personally, I hope he keep these forums up.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font size="2">Still no excuse, this is a real bad time to loose the forum with the publicity he will be wanting. With all the desention on the forum that could really hurt him right now.
</font id="size2"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

There is an old saying... a customer in the hand is worth two in the bush. Being treated like a Red Headed Step Child does-not-get-er-done with me. How long would it had taken him to at least had one of his employees post something???? <b>Sorry Folks but it will be about another month before we can get the boards fixed.</b> Something? Anything?  Nadda~~~!

With all of the desention on the forums now he has only himself blame. It is not like several of us have not written.

Personally, I hope he keep these forums up.

Olds

manxman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I can't find where he is even a member<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

There is still a Wade Bradley listed as a member, down as a Starting Member since April 2005 with no posts against his name.

He must have got someone else to remove the post where he promised to get the forum fixed, he also mentioned the new developments (which presumably meant the new smokers)and promised more information at some stage.

I take the lack of action on fixing the forum and the removal of the post ( i also had a search and could not find it) as a negative thing...... more power to your elbow Raye, you are doing us all a favour.

Manxman.
Manxman

boxertrio

I'm with ya too Olds!

Glenn

White smoke good...Black smoke bad!!
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

icerat4

I am with you to olds.Just let us know when and where.[:D]

nodak

DIDDO to all the above!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Mike

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."

bubbagump

It doesn't look they're keeping up with any part of their site. Take a look under news and you'll see the last news they posted was in 2004.

You would think they'd at least have something on their website showing off their soon to be released products, highlighting the new features.

Bubbagump

JerkyAddict

I'm sure we'll all be waiting patiently for ya Olds.
   See ya on the other side.

Ken