First time awesome but need some help

Started by FireMedic2110, April 06, 2012, 04:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireMedic2110

Hello my name is Matt I just bought my Bradley Smoker. Out of the box followed all directions for seasoning and smoked my first rack of ribs and some sausage it was awesome. Last night though I wanted to smoke a couple pork shoulders, so I set the timer for 9 hrs and went back to work and when i got home this morning the smoker was off. Only 6 bisquettes in bowl and meat was cold any suggestions.  Thanks for any help

mikecorn.1

Were you back after the 9 hour time  ;D ;). Had this happen to me; power went out and came back on (power company). Could explain why you had bisquettes left in the tube.
Have you tried turning it on and seeing if it's working properly.
Oh, welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

FireMedic2110

Yes i was back in eight and yes its working now but it was cold last night so i dont know? none of our clocks are flashing the tell tale 12:00 so i don't think there was a power interuption. I put the heat back on and hope we can eat by 6-7 tonight

Wildcat

I am not sure I would want to eat anything that was uncovered and not kept cold enough or hot enough to ward off the nasties.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

muebe

Sorry to hear about that but I would not chance getting sick. You do not know exactly how long the smoker was off and at what temp the meat sat at before getting cold. Could have been a perfect breeding ground for bacteria. You do not want a hospital stay and months of taking ciprofloxacin because you did not want to throw it out.

Remember... "When in doubt throw it out"

And welcome to the forum ;)

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

FireMedic2110

I guess i forgot to say I started all over with new shoulder. cooked for 11hrs at 235 and smoked for 5hrs with apple wood and my own thrown together rub and it turned out really good had my whole family here with all the sides Great Meal! The smoker never shut off this time i'm just going to have to keep an eye on it and maybe no more over nighters till i make sure it's working perfect. Thanks

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

ghost9mm

Hello and welcome to a really great forum...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill