• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Muebe GB jerky

Started by Sailor, April 07, 2012, 06:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Ya done good Sailer...those look real good.

pikeman_95

Jim
That is very good looking jerky and I love the color. Did you do the fat removing trick on this batch?? I looks like the jerky doesn't have too much fat in it.

Sailor

Quote from: pikeman_95 on April 08, 2012, 06:11:31 PM
Jim
That is very good looking jerky and I love the color. Did you do the fat removing trick on this batch?? I looks like the jerky doesn't have too much fat in it.
I did not use the de-fatting trick on this batch.  I had some surface grease and mopped it up with paper towels.  88/12 GB is just a bit too fat for my jerky.  The other times that I have used 88/12 I have de-fatted and the jerky came out with out any fat sweat.  Now I know that I need to take the little extra time to de-fat it.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

muebe

Nice job on the jerky! Looks great :)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

mikecorn.1

Jerky came out good. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

josbocc

QuoteDid you do the fat removing trick on this batch??

Sailor,

Please share if there is a secret that you are aware of for removing fat.  I use 90/10 GB for all of my jerky, and usually wind up pressing the finished strips between sheets of paper towel to absorb the excess fat.  Needless to say, but you go through a lot of paper towel when you do 15lb. batches of jerky in one shot.

If there is a tip/trick to reducing the fat content..., I would be real interested.  Thanks.

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

TMB

OH yes good stuuf!!!   Nice job on the jerky
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

devo

Quote from: josbocc on April 09, 2012, 01:13:09 PM
QuoteDid you do the fat removing trick on this batch??

Sailor,

Please share if there is a secret that you are aware of for removing fat.  I use 90/10 GB for all of my jerky, and usually wind up pressing the finished strips between sheets of paper towel to absorb the excess fat.  Needless to say, but you go through a lot of paper towel when you do 15lb. batches of jerky in one shot.

If there is a tip/trick to reducing the fat content..., I would be real interested.  Thanks.

Jeff

Check out his first post
QuoteThe meat is around 88/12 and normally I will add 2.5 TSP of vinegar to 5 pounds and roll the meat around to get some of the fat off (Pikeman trick)

Sailor

Just took the jerky from the fridge.  It is good and my taste testers like it.  With that said I don't think it has enough of the Veri Veri in it.  Kirby said that 3.3 oz of Veri Veri should be used per pound and I mixed 2.1 oz per pound.  I think I will up the Veri Veri to the 3.3 next time as it just does not seem to have what I am looking for.  Bottom line is the jerky is good as is and will not last very long.  Thanks for all of the kudos  ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Keymaster

Looks excellent, nice job!

Smoker John

Nice job on that jerky, great info also.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712