Anyone familiar with the Princess Auto 15lb Stuffer?

Started by rajzer, April 18, 2012, 11:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rajzer

oakville smoker

Rajzer

I have the 5 pound model and I am very happy with it
I wish I had bought a bigger one ( like 15 LOL ) but since I only use it a couple times a year, I can grin and bear it

Its easy to use, I did buy some extra nozzles like one just for snack stix and stuff like that
I have stuffed miles of sausage, snack stix and stuffed massive salami casings with no issue

Princess says if you are not happy, then the sale is not final
I would not hesitate to buy another one
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

SouthernSmoked

Looks like a Weston Stuffer..... I own a 7lb Weston and I'm very satisfied.

I really like the looks of this one, SS makes it very easy to clean.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

cobra6223

my wife and I thought it looked like the Weston we have minus the Weston stickers.I have the 11# Weston, this looks like a better deal.

cathouse willy

I have the 11 lb stuffer from princess auto, a smaller version. It's stoutly made and has metal gears. The only part I can see wearing out is the  "o" ring on the plunger. Princess auto is not well equiped with spares for these units. That said it's worked very well for me.

rajzer

Thanks for your replies.  I don't live near a PA store, so I could not inspect one personally.  Your help is appreciated.   I have now given this some thought and will be ordering the 11lb one instead.  Should be adequate for my purposes since that's the size of batches I usually make.  Looking forward to trying it out.

marauder11

the o ring could be replaced with ant type of oring made for food grade applications. I have an LEm 5 pounder and had to replace it with one i bought local. It is made of food grade silicone i believe