• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New smoker in Wisconsin

Started by quikss, April 28, 2012, 05:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quikss

Hey guys and gals,

Super excited to have found this forum. I recently got myself a brand new Bradley 4 rack digital smoker. So far, no idea what I am doing with it, but as I type I am doing the seasoning process that is in the instructions.

I am sure I will spend lots of time on here doing a ton of reading as to how to use it, proper techniques, and even more so, many of the delicious recipes many of you have graciously posted.

I have several hundred pounds of venison in the freezer, a good chunk of which will be used for hot sticks and sausages of some sort, and another 50 or more pounds of fresh salmon and trout as well, so i am going to be doing a bunch of experimenting soon.

I cant wait to attack some ribs, pulled pork, briskets and all the other glorious meats I can now attempt.

In advance, nice to meet you all

Jeff

Bearcub6

Hey Jeff, welcome to the forum. This is a great place to get some info if you get stumped or are unsure of what to do. We all like pics, so please take some of your smokes and let us see what you're up to. The venison sounds terrific to me...I was shut out last season.....

SiFumar

Welcome Jeff! We also have a recipe site you might want to check out.(Not that there isn't tons of recipes here) http://www.susanminor.org/forums/   If you're looking for something specific just ask...someone has bound to have made it.  Again welcome!

muebe

Welcome and congrats on the new toy ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

dman4505

Welcome
Since you're in the neighborhood check out the Smokeout threads
There's one coming up for us Midwest folk
Went last year and had a blast
Good food, good beverages and absolutely fantastic people
And remember even our mistakes taste good

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

beefmann

mikecorn.1

Welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

ghost9mm

Hello and welcome to a really great forum....
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

watchdog56

Welcome to the board. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. Lots of help here.
It sounds like you are interested in making sausage, if so do you have a pid? It helps control the temps +/- 2 degree whereas the temps in the digital may swing +/- 15 degree which could lead to fat out and a dry sausage. Here is a link to the pid.
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=14_28&zenid=61d047c9b988893fe0780b3562b412b2