Some users being blocked???

Started by nodak, February 21, 2006, 11:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nodak

Not sure What's going on but some members are being blocked or not allowed on.  Is this done by design or maybe a DNS problem??  I told them I would post this for them. I'm computer challenged, so just passing info along.

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

can they get to the website at all? or just cant log on to the forum? i have noticed a address change, instead of dot com there is a tag line behind it.  http://www.bradleysmoker.com/index.htm

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

nodak

Yeah they tried a lot of things. one went to another system and got on, but not on the other.  Well if you don't hear from olds and Iknowwood you now know why. I even looked up the IP address for them.  About 3 other on the chat at olds site had no problem.  Wonder how many others having problems?

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."

gary_CO

That just doesn't make sense. I refuse to believe there is anything sinister going on. Although I do find it more than a little puzzling that no one from BTI has come on the forum and said something like "we're going to"/have update(d) the site...

Yesterday when someone said they were having problems (I was too), I ran something called a trace route. Today, the results are quite different. I suspect BTI is changing their "hosting service"/ISP and DNS conflicts are occurring. Looks like things are going wacky once you hit "Bell Canada".  I'm completeing guessing here, but looks like verio might have gotten this all hosed up. Hopefully, by tommorrow all will be resolved. It takes awhile for DNS changes to propagate to all the name servers...

All the speculation would end if someone would just say they're going thru changes.

ChefBill

The 20th or Maybe the morning of the 21st there WAS a message on the Bradley Homepage that the forum was being updated. At this time AOL could not find the Bradley Server BUT IE would go to it. It stayed that way most all day. [?]

ChefBill
If you can eat it, you can smoke it.
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

IKnowWood

I have access on a side net I can get to.  But the other DNS is not resolving the addresses correctly.  The other net just thinks bradleysmoker.com is gone.  The server, not the page, the page URL first depends on resolving the host to ip to service.  But its not even getting past the server resolution.  I tried the direct IP but that did not map to the sysem appropriatly.  No jump maps via DNS to host, and no service whatsoever.

I will check tonight if its back over there or not.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

ChefBill

IKnowWood,
That's the same way AOL was doing the other day. It was like "Bradleysmoker.Com" didn't exist. AOL kept saying it <u>could not server host</u>. I'd get the same message if I tried to go to any address link that had WWW.BradleySmoker.com/*/ in it. BUT if I used IE <u>without</u> going thru AOL it'd go everytime.

ChefBill

CLAREGO

CLAREGO

CLAREGO

in the it world we always call it the only legal virus
ditch it if you can !

IKnowWood

I agree on AOL.   Inthis day and age, either use a seperate ISP like netspace, netzero, verizon or something else.  AOL is not getting you much that can be pieced together much cheaper.  Like Free many times.  

Update for my access:  I am back online where I was not working before.  Whatever piece of puzzle in DNS deployment or whatever has occured.  I a back in.  Sorry.

I will see if olds is back or not.

IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

ChefBill

I only use AOL as an e-mail address, I furnish my own ISP and just use AOhell for Mostly e-mail and some forums. I don't usually have any problems with them because I <u>don't</u> use them for my ISP. My ISP usually is running download speeds of 4.6meg or more. Running at 4736kbs right now. [:D]

ChefBill

Oldman

It was a DNS problem. It was effecting more that just this country. I proxied through a few in France, and could not get the site to come up.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

manxman

Bradley are obviously still working on the upgrades, trying to access the UK site from the US homepage brings up:

Program:      Reflector from Radiation                             *
#* Module:       Main Module                                          *
#* Version:      1.0                                                  *
#* Author:       Andrew Cowan ([email protected]) for Radiation   *
#* Date:         January 7, 1997                                      *
#* Product Info: http://www.radiation.com/gizmos/reflect.html         *
#*                                                                    *
#* This program is the copyrighted property of Radiation, a venture   *
#* of GlobalMedia Design. Any use of this program is subject to the   *
#* the terms of the license agreement (LICENSE.TXT) included as part  *
#* of this distribution archive. Any other uses are stictly           *
#* prohibited without the written permission of GlobalMedia Design    *
#* and all other rights are reserved.                                 *
#* Support for this software is available only to registered users.   *
#* For registration information, consult the REGISTER.TXT document    *
#* included as part of this distribution archive, or visit the Gizmos *
#* section of the Radiation website at:                               *
#*                http://www.radiation.com/gizmos/                    *
#**********************************************************************

together with a load more gobbledegook!!

Roll on the day when all these issues are sorted.

Manxman.
Manxman