• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Venison Sweet Lebanon

Started by NePaSmoKer, March 14, 2012, 10:23:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pikeman_95

This a very nice post and the bologna looks fantastic. I like the deep smoke ring. Did it take the 24 hours to reach the IT or were you just adding extra smoke or giving it a little extra dehydration. Carnie1 sent me a sample of the same sausage and it was fantastic.
KC

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Consooger on May 03, 2012, 03:03:57 AM
OH MY GOD THAT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!

Where are you getting the peach to smoke with? Are you flaming it up on it's own and just keeping it in a flame box or using the cold smoke adapter and running it that way?

I need to get a grinder. I am looking to start sausage making this summer and have a BOAT LOAD of venison to use.

Peach pellets used in my AMZNPS Cold smoker.  Flame box?  No flames in my Bradley.

pensrock

Those look great Rick!  :)

Consooger

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on May 03, 2012, 09:05:33 AM
Quote from: Consooger on May 03, 2012, 03:03:57 AM
OH MY GOD THAT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!

Where are you getting the peach to smoke with? Are you flaming it up on it's own and just keeping it in a flame box or using the cold smoke adapter and running it that way?

I need to get a grinder. I am looking to start sausage making this summer and have a BOAT LOAD of venison to use.

Peach pellets used in my AMZNPS Cold smoker.  Flame box?  No flames in my Bradley.

No I didn't mean any flames in the bradley. I was more asking did you use the bradley cold smoke attachment or something like it and put the AMAZN in there? I am looking at buying one of these but want to make sure I get the correct size for the bradley cold smoke adapter, unless you ahve a better option that I can go with.
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

Consooger

Where do I get the recipe for this? This looks REALLY freaking good and I wanna give it a go.

-Sugar
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

NePaSmoKer

I put the AMZNPS at the bottom, use my normal temp if called for (no smoke gen heat) water pan on the lower shelf if called for.