• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Drip Pan Cleaning

Started by fishrman, May 17, 2012, 09:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishrman

Dontcha just love cleaning the drip pan?  After reading a number of posts on how people do it, I decided to try the Dawn Power Dissolver.  Damn, does that stuff work!  I've actually called people into the kitchen when I start the rinsing process just to show it off.  Here is a pictoral of today's action.  Yesterday and today was a big batch of Jerky.  I kinda screwed up yesterday and did not pour the jerky into a colander to drain a bit before putting on the racks.  As a result, there was a lot of marinade still left on the meat and it really caked up the drip pan.  I spent about 5 minutes with a butter knife (shhhhh, don't tell the wife!) lifting off the solid bits, but that still left me with a drip pan in need of some cleaning:

At this point, no water has touched the drip pan as you want it bone dry when you apply the DPD:

And that's all you do, spray the stuff on.  Then you watch a little TV, have an adult beverage, whatever, for about 30 minutes.   Then it is time to use the sink sprayer to get rid of stuff.  Here's what it looks like in action:

You can see that nice shiny drip pan coming back to life with just the hot water squirting over it.  Here's what it looked like after the rinsing was complete and before I applied any elbow grease at all:

Then, with a minimum amount of scrubbing with the sponge, it looks a lot like new:

This is a cleaning product I can strongly recommend as it made what used to be a tedious and labor intensive job a breeze. 

SiFumar

Did a great job for sure!

beefmann

got to put that on my to get list

mikecorn.1

That looks like it does a real nice job. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Kahunas

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

destrouk

I use the product ..WIFE  :P

Smoker John

That stuff works great, anything to help make cleanup easier
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Smoker John on May 18, 2012, 09:52:22 AM
That stuff works great, anything to help make cleanup easier
The wife or the cleaner ;D ::)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

viper125

Well my wife usually does mine or i do. But we wash it every time and the build up isn't bad. So far we just row into the sink with some hot dish water. Go sit down or do something else and let it soak. Usually comes right off. But I will remember this in case the wife leaves. LOL
Which I doubt, after 36 years I think were stuck with each other. And at 59 no more time too train one.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

muebe

I throw all the racks, bowl, and drip pan into the dishwasher when the wife is not home.

They always come out looking great ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

TedEbear

Quote from: muebe on May 19, 2012, 06:35:50 AM
I throw all the racks, bowl, and drip pan into the dishwasher when the wife is not home.

LOL - I thought I was the only one who does that.   ;D

squirtthecat

Quote from: TedEbear on May 19, 2012, 06:37:38 AM
Quote from: muebe on May 19, 2012, 06:35:50 AM

LOL - I thought I was the only one who does that.   ;D

Ditto!   Frog mats, too!

3rensho

I always toss everything into the dishwasher.  It has a Raclette cycle that would clean old engine blocks.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.