Pancake Jerky

Started by NePaSmoKer, June 10, 2012, 02:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on June 11, 2012, 08:38:57 AM
Looks good. Do you notice a big difference in using the pellets instead of the bradley pucks?

Yeah big difference in smoke.

viper125

I'm curious Nepa. Just what is the difference you notice? I use to use real wood always. But have found the Bradley pucks to be cleaner with no off or acid taste. From what I understand now its from burning to completely. I have never used pellets but considered them closer to a real wood.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: viper125 on June 11, 2012, 09:53:47 AM
I'm curious Nepa. Just what is the difference you notice? I use to use real wood always. But have found the Bradley pucks to be cleaner with no off or acid taste. From what I understand now its from burning to completely. I have never used pellets but considered them closer to a real wood.

I get more smoke, better smoke with no harsh creosote. With my AMZNPS i can smoke 6-8 hours if needed and dont have to worry about the pucks advancing and piling up in the pan.

viper125

Well Bradley pucks get no creosote as I notice and no harsh taste like wood. I see some people do heave problems with puck advancing and stacking. Which I dont understand the stacking. I use the original pan and fill it up with no problems no matter what. Do have to refill on long smokes but remove my pucks then. I must be one of the lucky ones. I have never had an element problem either.
As far as the Amanpps I can see where I may enjoy it for a cold smoke or in the grill. If I do i'll try the pellets too! Must be made more like pucks than real wood if there is no harsh taste or creosote.
Thanks for your reply. And like always your foods look excellent!
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: viper125 on June 11, 2012, 11:11:39 AM
Well Bradley pucks get no creosote as I notice and no harsh taste like wood. I see some people do heave problems with puck advancing and stacking. Which I dont understand the stacking. I use the original pan and fill it up with no problems no matter what. Do have to refill on long smokes but remove my pucks then. I must be one of the lucky ones. I have never had an element problem either.
As far as the Amanpps I can see where I may enjoy it for a cold smoke or in the grill. If I do i'll try the pellets too! Must be made more like pucks than real wood if there is no harsh taste or creosote.
Thanks for your reply. And like always your foods look excellent!

I think the stacking has to do with the water level in the original pan. I fill mine up 2-3x on longs smokes, use hot water to refill.

Yeah i have not had any advance problems or element probs.

Consooger

YUM YUM YUM!!!

I know with my experiences with pellets I like the smoke flavor better. But that's just me!

- John
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

NePaSmoKer

FJJ is sprayed with Potassium Sorbate, dried and vac sealed heading to Afghanistan.