• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoke Generator Question

Started by Spenser, March 06, 2006, 10:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spenser

Dumb question for you all-just had to purchase a new smoke generator because the gears were stripped in the old one.  Made some jerky this weekend and had to add some additional pucks.  Removed the bubba pucks and dropped two more bisquits in (on top of the plate as there were three bisquets in the tray already gueing up and or smoking away).  Anyway, the question-once I added the additional bisquits and put the bubba pucks back in, bisquits did not automatically advance any longer (as the first three did).  What gives?

headgames

well in my opinion (we all know how they are)
#1 make sure you did not turn the switch to off on the generator.
#2 try the puck advance button
#3 if 1 & 2 failed and it has been less then 1 year call bradley and they wilL ship a new one to you under warranty.
#4 if not under warranty  go to  http://www.partstore.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductSKU=7706476&ProductType=PART   it is a exact replacement motor and you should be up and running .

Hints on smoke generators . from experince keep the generator indoors at room temp untill ready to smoke . in cold climates the grease we belive gets too thick and can strip the gears when put into operation .

GOOD LUCK !

If ya go home hungry.........You were at the WRONG HOUSE !
If ya go home hungry ........ You were at the wrong House!!

iceman

headgames is right about the advance motors not liking cold weather. I posted awhile back about leaving 3 generators outside and keeping 3 in the garage until ready to use. All 3 outside ( -20F) had problems and one did strip out a new motor. The ones in the garage that were then brought out worked fine. Like headgames said, try the advance button. Make sure your feed tube is lined up properly or the pucks will hang up and make sure your shoot is cleaned of saw dust or it will keep the feed plate from retracting all the way.