• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoked Tuscan Pork Roast

Started by sjmcdowall, June 18, 2012, 01:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjmcdowall

This was Sunday's dinner -- another winner! 

Brined the bone-in center cut pork roast in 6.5% saline with 6 cloves of smashed garlic, 2 Tbsp cracked peppercorns, brown sugar and rosemary.  Brined for 5 hours.  Rinse and let stand while smoker is heating up (1 hour).  Meanwhile made a "paste" out of garlic, salt, pepper and chopped rosemary and EVOO (about 8 gloves garlic, 2 stems rosemary, 1 Tbsp salt and about the same pepper).  Once the paste was made -- I quickly seared the fat part of the roast in a hot skillet for about 6-8 minutes until nice and brown ...  Remove and let "cool" a bit -- and then slice into the roast in the meaty part to make a pocket -- rub the paste all over, and tie it back up (I sliced in about 2/3 of the distance). 

Smoke@225 -- I did 3 hours -- Pecan for 1.5 and Cherry for 1.5 -- cook til IT of 140.  Wrap and let rest for 10 minutes.  Slice and serve! 

BTW -- the ribs are great if you carve them out and then slice to make them individual ones and pop them on the grill for about 5-10 minutes until crispy (or hot oven).  These are the same bones that make up "baby back" ribs!  Don't waste 'em! :)

mikecorn.1

That looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

OldHickory

That is a nice looking roast.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

ghost9mm

Ahhh !!! the other white meat...you sure did that puppie justice...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

slowpoke

If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.