• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

jaeger is the first who will follow????

Started by Oldman, March 08, 2006, 02:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Ok jaeger is the first to download Ventrilo and get into a voice chat with me... who will follow and be next?

It is free, it is painless, all you need is a head set with a mic.

Get it here... Ventrilo and Step by Step Tutorial

Remember any 8 year old kid can install this and run it...what about YOU????

This will take us to the next level of creating a great community of friends who share their ups and downs in life with each other--as well as our smokin' fun~~!

Plus once you are on board you can teach that family member of yours over in China how it works so you can talk world wide without any cost to you.  

Now it does not get much better than that... does it? There is something about FREE that I like. Especially when it works... and this does.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

owrstrich

me is next...

ill be wired for next tuesday...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Arcs_n_Sparks

I want to remain a dog on the internet....[8D]

Arcs_n_Sparks

IKnowWood

Olds, what version of the Ventrilo server are you running?  Are you going to be upgrading it?
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

iceman

Hi Olds; What type of headset should I be looking to get. Would Best Buy or Comp USA have them?[?]

jaeger

I would also encourage members to download Ventrilo. It was nice to have a "Live Chat" with Olds and it was easy to download with the instructions provided by Olds. Another reason, if someone has a question or wants to have a discussion, it is far superior to posting on a board for questions and answers.
I know a lot of folks here have probably learned what they know about computers on their own and are pretty cautious when it comes to matters like downloading software. I would also bet that this is the first forum many here have ever really taken part in and are actually maybe a bit intimidated by it all, when really, it is the way of the future. What I am trying to say is, Chat rooms, and forums, and postings and such are terms that less than 10 years ago, a lot of us hadn't even thought about. They are terms many people have no clue about. My perspective is, for those of us that want to learn more about what we have a common interest in, should take advantage of the tools at hand and use them for our benefit.
Like Olds said, "Lets take this to the next Level".

(Plus, you'll probably get a chance to talk to Olds!!![:D][:D][:D])

<font size="2"><b>Doug</b></font id="size2">

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font size="2">Olds, what version of the Ventrilo server are you running? Are you going to be upgrading it?</font id="size2"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

No I will not upgraded to the next level. The reason is this version's software allows me to run as many servers as I care to at one time. Next, I can set each server to handle up to 200 clients.

The all the versions after this one where cut back to one server per system and only 8 clients.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font size="2"> Hi Olds; What type of headset should I be looking to get. Would Best Buy or Comp USA have them?</font id="size2"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Yes either store should have them. You don't need one of those $60.00 jobs.  A $20.00 or set will work just find.  Look for one that has a volume control with a on / off talk switch. The switch is not important if you use a "hot key" to talk (see below.)

I suggest that until you get use to the software that when you set it up to use a "hot key" to allow you to talk, rather than have it set up on voice activation.  You may pick any key on your keyboard and make it your "hot key".

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

iceman

Thanks Olds. I'll be back in town this weekend (hopefully) and pick up a headset.[:)]

Oldman

Looking forward to the chit chat... Just remember all that from 25th of this month for a couple of months I will not be around much.

Olds

owrstrich

i gotts the plantronics $14.95 headset special at frys electronics and have set up the ventrilo on my commadore 64...

looking forward to tuesday evening chat...

more later....

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

boxertrio

Just went through all the mumbo jumbo to hook up to this.....worked great, easy to get hooked up....about 5 min.....Look forward to hearin y'all on Tues

Glenn

White smoke good...Black smoke bad!!
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

JJC

Hi Olds,

I tried to download Ventrilo, but it looks like it is a Windows program.  Is that true, and if so, is there a Mac version that is compatible with the one you PC guys are using?

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

IKnowWood

John

I tried that.  There are a couple tools for the Mac but they are not compatible with the version Olds is running.  The Mac version of ventrillo is a beta for the newer server.  But the new server has to many limitations and incompatible deployment rules for Olds, and I agree with him on it.  

I have Virtual PC on my Mac and I did get that up and working and it did connect and I was able tohear just fine.  i did not go so far as to get the headset and try to get is known in Virtual PC for it to work.  I may eventually for some work stuff I am doing.  But now yet.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes