• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Braunschweiger (Homemade Liverwurst)

Started by viper125, July 06, 2012, 08:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper125

Just thought Id update you on my Braunschweiger . It is Delicious and almost gone again. Now I know liver is good for you. But I looked it up and was astounded  by how much. And the fact you can actually over dose on good vitamins. I also thought of liver as a filter that cleaned your body and built up containment. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact if a liver has chemicals or poison its at almost the exact same levels in all the meat,not just the liver.
Any way I found approx. 4-6 oz a week is about all you should eat to get all the vitamins you need. So I eat 1 1/2- 2 oz every morning. And have been really surprised on the energy and how much better in general I feel. Now it helps that i love the taste. But thought id pass it on to those interested. I have also switched to calf liver for mind as the flavor seems good and leveled out. But have had luck with all types, Also something I tried was chicken and turkey livers. Wasnt sure how they would come out but they were most excellent.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Ka Honu

Funny that I hate almost all liver in its "natural" state but love almost all pâtés (including Braunschweiger).  Not many things better than a liverwurst on rye sandwich with lettuce and mustard.

3rensho

QuoteFunny that I hate almost all liver in its "natural" state

I was of a similar mind until I moved to Switzerland.  "Leberli und Rösti" are to die for.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.