• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

My First Tries

Started by HMB Lipripper, July 13, 2012, 08:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HMB Lipripper

Hello Everyone,

I got my "New" Bradley Smoker about 2 weeks ago, but due to work I've only used it a few times.  My first attempt was Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts, (thanks Up In Smoke for your advice!) on July 4th.  They turned out great, my brother was impressed and wolfed down his bacon wrapped chicken readily.

My next smoke was Arika's smoked salmon receipe, which also turned out great.  It was a little dry, but the flavor made up for slightly dry texture.  Any thoughts on making it turn out more moist?  I used the salmon that I brought back from my 10 day Alaska fishing trip.  It's awesome to be able to smoke the fish that I've caught!

Tonight I just rubbed down some pork loin back ribs with "Wild Willy's Number One-derful Rub" from the recipe book "Smoke & Spice".  I'm following Tenpoint5's pictorial recipe.  The only thing that I've done differently is to rub some worchestershire sauce on the ribs before application of the rub.

Any advice for my first rib smoke would be great!

Thanks!

mikecorn.1

Only advise is to keep posting them pics. Ya doing good. Welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Up In Smoke

Looks like you are off to an excellent start!
as far as ribs go 10.5's guidance should get you exactly where you want to be.

i have not heard of rubbing them with Worcestershire sauce prior to the rub,
what does it do?
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Indy Smoker

Lookin' Good
Try some ABT's and maybe some nuts or cheese too