Back from my Louisiana Vacation

Started by cajunboudreaux, July 11, 2012, 09:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajunboudreaux

Had a great time. First stop was Austin Texas to take care of some business for 2 days, then to Galveston Texas for the day. From there we went to NewOrleans for 3 days and threw down had some great eats and took my girlfriend(never been to anyplace like Louisiana,she is born and raised in Arizona)on a airboat tour which was amazing. Then finally made it to my home town of LakeCharles and did alittle Red Fishing and july 4th parties..Was great to be home for a while. I sure do miss the south.

This is going to be my new toy real soon, kinda a new business venture i am working on. She is ready for a road trip back to Arizona.

Also Stopped at Saltlick in Austin for a little grub.. BBQ was ok but the open pit was awesome..

Took a few pics of Pits during our tavels..

My friend took me too a little Willie Nelson charity event. Willie did about 8 songs. was good to see him still at it. we were 5' from stage and only about 40 people around us. quite nice.

Had to stop by Austin Speed shop(jesse james).. enjoyed checking out their work

NewOrleans really showed up a great time

Airboat ride was amazing. i would recommend to anyone.

Made it to LakeCharles...did get any pics of the food( running hard and eating good)
Did manage to get a neworleans style snocone and a few drive thru daquris,

Some Crawfish trapping going on

Probably the best trip I have made back home in a long time.....

Laissez les bon temps rouler

KyNola

Great photos man!  Looks like you guys had a great trip.  Love seeing all those pits too.

Up In Smoke

I have never been to any of those places, thank you very much for taking the time to share your trip.
and good luck on the new business venture!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

mikecorn.1

Nice pictorial, my brother said the same thing about the Saltlick. Great scenery but the food was ehhhh!
Mike

Ka Honu

Quote from: cajunboudreaux on July 11, 2012, 09:50:40 AM

Looks like a great trip - I think I've been that lamppost.

I'll be passing through Phoenix on September 5th (on the way to a party in Prescott) and will probably have lunch at Dos Molinos (downtown) if you're available to join me.

OldHickory

Great pic's, thanks for sharing------ yes I have some good memories from there.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

squirtthecat

Nice!

Now I gotta wait for one of my Dad's old Farmall tractors to die...  ;D

Tenpoint5

Looks like you guys had a great time.

What was you trying to do to that poor gator?? He shore nuff had a surprised look on his face!! :o :o ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

cajunboudreaux

YEP thats my ugly mug wearing the hat.. That was right before chad dropped that 5footer on my feet then he took off under the seat. didn't know i could still jump that high. I was just trying to hold on to the little fella and not get bit.

KaHonu... That would be great, lets do lunch....
Prescott will be really nice in september... I do alot of my crawfish trapping there..

And the Scenery at Saltlick was off the chain kinda made the food taste better..just sayin
Laissez les bon temps rouler