• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoker hasn't been used in a while, it's gonna be Jerky Tuesday

Started by Consooger, August 06, 2012, 12:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consooger

Haven't used her since the last big smoke. Thinking about doing a run of muscle and some GB over the weekend. I'm thinking about using the Hi Mountain Jalapeno Blend that I got the other day at Cabela's. Gonna do 5 lbs, it's thawing now to mix and sit later tonight into tomorrow. Anyone ever tried this blend? I Love me some Jalapeno so I'm quite anxious to try this one. Not sure on the smoke though, thinking apple or hickory. I will post the pics after it's all done.

- John
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

SNIPERS215

Made more blazing pistachios over the weekend. Going to do some jerky this weekend. Going to try the soy vey marinade for the first time.
YOUR BIGGEST ADVERSARY... HIDES IN THE MIRROR

Consooger

Oh yummy soy vey. If I were you I would do the nuggets. I did a batch of them a few weeks ago they were awesome. They lasted 2 days and I did 5 lbs.
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

Consooger

And here's the money shot.

Went with 3 hours of Apple smoke on this. The smoke isn't too overpowering but the Jalapeno flavor that I wanted wasn't as strong as I would like. Next time I will add fresh jalapeno to the mix and possibly some fresh ground jalapeno powder. The jerky is very tasty however.

John
               -My Wife

mikecorn.1

Looks like it turned out great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

SiFumar

Brady Smoker!

What kind of beef did you use to make the jerky i want to run a batch, also what temp and time roughly i you dont mind me asking
BDS 4 RACK

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

MidKnightRider

"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

Consooger

Quote from: muebe on August 13, 2012, 05:33:50 PM
Batch looks great ;)

I always use london broil. Turns out to be the best cut for me, I cut away all fat and it comes out great every time. I tend to put my jerky in for 45 mins in the beginning at 155 degrees to dry off any surface wetness from the marinade I use and then I will run at 160-165 degrees when I am smoking. Now if I am finishing the jerky off in my bradley I will keep it at 160-165 and rotate the racks every hour for about 3 more hours or until the jerky is done (depends on how thick I cut it) If I am using my dehydrator I run it at 155-160 for 3-4 hours and it's normally finished in that timeframe. Do the bent/break test. If you can bend it and it doesn't break it's done. If it staps you overdid the jerky and you basically cooked it.

John
               -My Wife