• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

No Swine Sings The Blues

Started by squirtthecat, August 25, 2012, 07:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keymaster

Cool pictures, I can barely afford meat for my primo let alone one of those meat monsters, Geez :)

KyNola

Looks like a great time.  I always find it neat to see all of the different rigs.  Some high dollar, some on a tight budget, yet if used correctly they can all turn out some great food.

(Except for that dude burning mesquite :o)  I guess that falls under the phrase "if used correctly". ;)

Tenpoint5

Better watch out Miss June will be eyeing up that flying pig!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Cool!

Looked like a good time

I bet that deliverance banner turned some heads

BAM1

Audrey and I will definitely put it on the calendar for next year.
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

SouthernSmoked

Hey Squirt, did they use KCBS rules? Were there a not of teams or did I miss that?

Also what did you think of your first judging opportunity?
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

squirtthecat

Quote from: SouthernSmoked on August 26, 2012, 11:22:04 AM
Hey Squirt, did they use KCBS rules? Were there a not of teams or did I miss that?

Yes and no.   Mostly KCBS, but 5 tables of 3 judges each.   (and 5 categories of entries)

Each table took a turn as the 'supreme' judges.  They scored the appearance of each entry, and then sat while the other 4 table judged for taste & tenderness.  The top 2 (or 3 if there was a tie) then went back to the Supreme table for the final scoring.    It worked pretty well.

We were the Supremes for the 'open' entry.  Anything goes for that one - as long as it was cooked outside on the festival grounds.

They did ribs, pulled pork, brisket, open and finally a dessert entry.   We were busy little beavers down there munching away on everything.

It was fun and I learned a lot.  But my stomach is still killing me.   One of our open entries wasn't cooked all the way!  Yikes..

SouthernSmoked

Quote from: squirtthecat on August 26, 2012, 11:28:39 AM

Yes and no.   Mostly KCBS, but 5 tables of 3 judges each.   (and 5 categories of entries)

Each table took a turn as the 'supreme' judges.  They scored the appearance of each entry, and then sat while the other 4 table judged for taste & tenderness.  The top 2 (or 3 if there was a tie) then went back to the Supreme table for the final scoring.    It worked pretty well.

We were the Supremes for the 'open' entry.  Anything goes for that one - as long as it was cooked outside on the festival grounds.

They did ribs, pulled pork, brisket, open and finally a dessert entry.   We were busy little beavers down there munching away on everything.

It was fun and I learned a lot.  But my stomach is still killing me.   One of our open entries wasn't cooked all the way!  Yikes..

Yikes!!

Still sounds like you had a great time and what a great way to get a little learning experience behind the scenes.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

squirtthecat

Quote from: SouthernSmoked on August 26, 2012, 11:32:38 AM
Still sounds like you had a great time and what a great way to get a little learning experience behind the scenes.

Yep, sure did.    We'll probably toss our hats in the ring next year.   They don't do a very good job promoting it, so we'll have to keep our ears out.  (and the organizer has my email addy and phone # now)

muebe

Very cool Squirt!

Thanks for the pics ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)