• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Favorite Sausage Recipes

Started by JZ, September 28, 2012, 08:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JZ

I have more ground meats to use up and want to make something other than the ones I have made so far, which include Kielbassa, Bologna, Breakfast and Summer Sausage. Also made some chicken sausages but right now I only have ground pork and beef.

So for anyone that is willing to give up their favorite recipe, please pass it on for me to try and thanks in advance. ;D I will post pix too.

JZ

Thanks Sam3 but I am not looking for a list of sausage recipes.  :) What I am really looking for is your 1 or 2 favorites, you know ..... the ones you keep making over and over because you just can't get enough of it. ;)

Sailor

JZ......One of my favorite sausage is my Jalapeno and cheddar.  My daughters clean me out of them when they come down.  I like to make patties and fry up and put on a bun for a sausage burger.  It is good crumbled up with eggs or mixed in with rice and beans.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?758-Jim%92s-Jalapeno-amp-Cheddar-Sausage

If you don't have high temp cheese I think some have used reg cheddar with good success.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

ratherbboating

My two favorite are from Len Poli site.
Bratwurst Wisconsin style.  After grinding and mixing all the spices, let sit for a while to get happy.  This is good fix about any way you can think of.
Chorizo-Sonoran (be sure to get Guajillo pepper power, it is different than other common types, flavorful and not to hot).  I like to cook in with scramble eggs for breakfast.
The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude. Julia Child

cathouse willy

Here's my favorite. Classic fresh bratwurst from "Charcuterie" here is a quick list of ingredients.
3 lbs pork  1lb veal or beef  1lb pork fat  3tb salt  2 tsp white pepper 
1 1/2 tsp ginger  1 1/2 tsp nutmeg  2 eggs  1cup cream
Grind spices and meat fine. They are hands down the best I've ever made.

JZ

Thanks Guys ... gonna make some after the holidays, when the company has gone home. Lookin forward to this.