• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

7.7 Quake Hits BC

Started by RossP, October 27, 2012, 08:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossP

Wow here we are visiting Texas and my son e-mails me that we have had an Earth Quake and ther is a Tsunamin warning on the BC and Alaska coast. The quake hit just off the coast of Hiada Gwai(sp)  I hope all my Bradley friends are safe. Waiting to hear about fishing friends and family. Heading home tomorrow. Stay safe everyone.
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Quarlow

It is all ok down here Ross. The warning is for the northern tip of VI to Alaska. I actually felt it. I was at my dads which is a houseboat sitting on blocks. I felt the boat wobble side to side.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

beefmann

it was a 7.7 Quake,,, quite big

Quarlow

Yes big but no real damage from it. The fault in the Queen Charlotte Islands is a Horizontal fault which means when it slips it moves laterally as opposed to a vertical slip which is the kind that cause the big tsunami's and a lot of damage. There has been a magnitude 8.1 quake back in 1949 in the same spot which did no real damage although people and animals were knocked off their feet.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.