• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

BBQ contest this weekend, anybody going?

Started by ratherbboating, October 26, 2012, 09:47:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratherbboating

Jack Daniel's in Lynchburg is having a BBQ contest this weekend and was wondering if anybody is going.
The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude. Julia Child

squirtthecat

"The Jack".   The best of the best get invited to that one...

RossP

One day I hope to be there for the "Jack" . A few of my friends have made it to the JACK as competitors, they all say it is an awesome expereince.
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

ratherbboating

We went and walked around the BBQ event.  Had a good time.  Will try to post pictures later.
We made the mistake of buying "BBQ RIBS" from one of the vendors (who was entered into the cook-off), not very good.  While walking around (after eating), there were LOTS of contestants giving away samples of everything from ribs, pull pork, brisket, and other types of food.  I sampled as much as I could, but there came a point that I could not eat any more.  Just about all of the samples were GREAT.  One of guys who cooked brisket (that was GREAT) told me that apple juice was the key to a great brisket.
Then we went next door and did the Jack Daniel's tour.  Brought a bottle of single barrel Jack.
We will going next year and spending all day there.  Lots to see and do.
The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude. Julia Child