• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Replacement Cabinet

Started by Geoff_S, November 12, 2012, 05:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff_S

Troubles !!

I have plugged in my smoker unit to the cabinet after a number of cold smokes. I wanted to hot smoke some chicken. What happens is the safety fuse on the mains board throws when
I plug the unit in.

So I am thinking that there must be a problem with the element. There is an excellent post on this board that explains how to replace it. It is fairly straight forward until I discovered
that the four screws holding in the ceramic blocks had all corroded. After a substantial amount of WD40, tools various and more patience than I ever thought I had, the element was removed.

Then I decided to give the blackened cabinet a long overdue clean. It was then that I discovered that the aluminium floor of the cabinet had large rot holes in it exposing the insulation.

I contacted our UK distributor, who are very good, and asked if I could purchase a new cabinet as a spare. Surprisingly they said that they couldn't. Nor could they supply the relevant
four screws, but they can supply a new element.

This is a bit of a dilemma then. I have a fully functioning digital smoke unit, the cold smoke extension unit, but no cabinet to pump the smoke into!! If I want to resolve this problem, I
apparently have to buy a complete new cabinet and smoker!!

Is it really the case that I cannot buy a 4 rack, silver finish cabinet for a digital smoking unit? (I am in the UK)

Thanks

PS My smoker is becoming a bit like Trigger's broom

I have now cleaned the bottom tray and it is riddled with holes. Is this normal?

beefmann

if you are blowing fuses , most likely you have a short some where in the cabinet

GusRobin

I would buy a piece of sheet metal (thin so you can cut it with a box cutter or tin snips. Cut a piece to fit the floor. Just make sure it is not galvanized or other such coating.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.