Teriyaki snack snick recepie??

Started by hybridcx, March 16, 2012, 10:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hybridcx

Going to be making snack sticks for the first time this weekend. Going to do 5 pounds of LEM hit sticks. But also wanted to do 5 pounds of teriyaki sticks as well but cannot find a recepie for them. Do you just do a normal recepie and then add in some veri or yoshytas? Just holding someone has a not to complicated but good recepie for some yaki sticks.

rsherman24

Very strange, but I was searching for the same thing this morning.  I was going to post a question, but then came across a couple old threads about the topic.  What I will be trying tomorrow is a standard snack stick recipe that I use, and I just used half the amount of water and the other half Soy Vey.  I also reduced the salt a touch since I thought the Teriyaki might be salty.  I used a 1/2 C for a 5 pound batch. 

hybridcx

Yeah sounds good I am probably going to try the same thing but will most likley use yo0as as I like the flavor a bit more than veri... Well see how it goes I guess.

And a second question can you go all beef or does it end up dry? It calls for ground poke too but I don have my grinder yet, and 4$ a pound for Safeway to donut just seems steep..

viper125

If I remember some one asked the same question last year and NepaSmoker Said to sub Teriyaki for the water in the recipe. If for like a 5 lb batch calls for one cup use 1/2 cup water 1/2 cup Teriyaki. Can't remember why not sub straight. Something about not drying right or some thing. But If NepaSmoker says it you can take it to the Bank. He is the king of sticks.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

wipf9994

Excalibur has a teriyaki snack stick seasoning that i have used sevral times which tastes really good.

hybridcx

where would one find the teriyaki powder at?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: hybridcx on March 16, 2012, 10:37:02 PM
where would one find the teriyaki powder at?

In Savannah.

And online.

I found the powder is better than the regular bottle Teriyaki

CentPaSmokin

The reason you don't sub straight teriyaki for the water is you will make dog snacks . Just made 5lbs of them terrible taste will buy the powder for the next time.

pikeman_95

I have found a very simple way to make Teriyaki snack sticks and Teriyaki GB jerky. All you need is some Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki. I use 3.3 OZ per pound of meat. Then for heat I add 2-3 tbs of curshed red pepper for each 10 pounds of meat. It has the moisture and every thing you need. I find it in Costco and Wally world in the Asian food area.
very simple. Just shake the bottle well before you pour it out.

viper125

Thats too easy! Sounds like cheating to me! ;)  But someday when Im able I will try it. LOL! Printing now!
Inside setup.

pikeman_95

I forgot you still need 1 tsp cure #1 for each 5 pounds of meat. I use the cure in the jerky also. It causes the meat to properly bind together. And you are right Paul it is too easy. I do straight venison jerky this way all the time. When it is smoked with apple wood I think it is some of the best jerky I have made.
Kirby

viper125

LOL! I use to do similar, Plain with salt and pepper tastes real good. But didn't feel these guys would take to it so much with all these high fangled recipes! LOL!
Inside setup.