• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Puck Advancer Won't Stop Advancing Pucks

Started by SublimeOne, July 01, 2012, 10:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SublimeOne

I'm having a problem with my OBS and the puck advancer.  It constantly feeds one puck after another without stopping.  I searched the forum and see others have had similar issues but I couldn't seem to solve mine. 

Here's where I'm at with this one......When I got the smoker out and got everything set I hit the briquette advance button and it stuck in.  I was able to pop that back out and I hit it with a little WD40 and it moved freely after that.  Despite the button no longer being stuck it continued to advance the briquettes.  I opened it up and tried cleaning everything out with no luck.  I also tried unhooking the switch and it continued to advance the briquettes even with the button unplugged.   Anybody have any clue what would be causing this?  Could it still be the button as the issue?  I'm not sure if it'll keep advancing them if it loses contact with the button.....maybe somebody else has a similar issue that can shed some light on it. 

Also if you replace the button do you have to order that from Bradley or is there some type of switch you can get from Radio Shack that will work (at least temporarily).  I was planning on doing some smoking this Tuesday to serve on the 4th but this kind of screwed up that plan if i need to order parts.

beefmann

sounds like  the wiring may have been switched in some manor or  the switch wiring may have a  short in it...check these issues out first, others may have ran into the same issue and cured it,,, hopefully they  will chime in.. if not call bradley on Monday , they might have a solution that can be handled over the phone...

mikecorn.1

Quote from: SublimeOne on July 01, 2012, 10:23:35 AM
I'm having a problem with my OBS and the puck advancer.  It constantly feeds one puck after another without stopping.  I searched the forum and see others have had similar issues but I couldn't seem to solve mine. 

Here's where I'm at with this one......When I got the smoker out and got everything set I hit the briquette advance button and it stuck in.  I was able to pop that back out and I hit it with a little WD40 and it moved freely after that.  Despite the button no longer being stuck it continued to advance the briquettes.  I opened it up and tried cleaning everything out with no luck.  I also tried unhooking the switch and it continued to advance the briquettes even with the button unplugged.   Anybody have any clue what would be causing this?  Could it still be the button as the issue?  I'm not sure if it'll keep advancing them if it loses contact with the button.....maybe somebody else has a similar issue that can shed some light on it. 

Also if you replace the button do you have to order that from Bradley or is there some type of switch you can get from Radio Shack that will work (at least temporarily).  I was planning on doing some smoking this Tuesday to serve on the 4th but this kind of screwed up that plan if i need to order parts.

This is what I did to solve my problem that you have you have. Difference is that I get error codes being that it's the digital model. Don't know if this helps.
replaced micro switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Habanero Smoker

As Mike pointed out, it sound like a problem with the micro switch. You may only need to make a slight adjustment.

Bisquettes Continuously Feeding

More FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

OU812

I would say the micro switch is stuck, its that little clicky thing that the arm for the pusher hits on its way around.

Mine did that many moons ago, cleaned up good with some rubbing alcohol and havent had it stick sense.

DetroitSmoke

Clean the puck advance switch wit electrical contact cleaner.  Do not use WD40 on electrical contacts it can short then out
Bradley BTIS1
Dual Element or Single w/switch
convection fan/switch, extra racks
Big Chief cold smoke gen
Kirkland SS Gas Grill
Please buy me a dual probe PID