• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Guinness Pork Back Ribs + Sausages, Bacon and Corned Beef.

Started by OldHoss, November 15, 2012, 09:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldHoss

Starting with this:

1 tblsp crushed mixed peppercorns
1 tblsp paprika
1tblsp garlic powder
1 tblsp Onion flakes crushed
1 tsp celery salt
1 tsp chipolate/mango powder
1.5 tsp lawry's
2 rack back ribs...not too thick at all (oldhoss likes his back ribs on the skinny side)

covered overnight....the rub is low on salt as it is sitting so long....and I am not huge on alot of salt in my rubs.

then smoke for 2 to 3 hours......then gonna foil with Guinness beer and finish with Bullseye Guinness Barbecue sauce.  I have cooked with both the beer and the sauce before but never cooked ribs in the Bradley nor smoked back ribs ever before.

As with previous smokes....I may end up adding something at the last moment.  I am planning on using Pecan wood for 2.2 or 3 hours.  These ribs are on the small side and I have cut them down to 3 or 4 rib portions and scored them between the bones to allow for deeper penetration of the rub.  So I am thinking these will finish up faster than normal so I may have to modify the 3-2-1 formula for ribs.  I will be foiling at some point I know though.  A crusty caramelized coating would be nice too.

EDIT:  Had the ribs out coming to room temp and walked over to the grocery store to come back with this:

Corned beef was rinsed in cold water and towel dried.  Both the pork belly and the brisket were rubbed with paprika, black pepper from the grinder and a little of the chipolte/mango seasoning from la grille.  The brisket had alot less of the seasoning than the pork belly.  This will be my first time cooking brisket/corned beef or bacon in this fashion ever!!!  The Johnsonville sausages are "as is".  I will brush with a little Guinness but I will be doing that with everything today......I have cooked Johnsonville sausages in the past and am a fan.  They always taste better done slowly and with beer as a moisturizer I find.

All seasoned up and in the smoker for 20 minutes so far:

I am not sure how the corned beef brisket is going to come out.  The butcher said he liked the idea but had never heard of anyone doing it smoked.  It only cost me a little so this will be an experiment of sort.  I have had baked pork belly with paprika before so I am confident in it being a good thing to do.  The main thing with this cook will be getting the ribs done "just right".  Too firm or too mushy is no good.
If you have it - smoke it.

Caribou

Wow!! YOu are going to be eating good!
Looks incredible :)
Carolyn

OldHoss

The sausages were on the top rack and hit 160f and were pulled some time ago.  The ribs were wrapped in foil with Guinness beer added underneath first.  It is now off and the sauce is on.  The pork belly is looking marvelous at an internal temp of 152f here - the piece with the thermometer in it is one of the two.  The brisket was closed with foil but I opened it here - it is at 131f.  I figure I will go to 160f - no???  Not sure here. 

a closeup of some pork belly - I love that paprika I have as it lends a great colour to food:

EDIT:

The bacon after it hit 161f:

The ribs after my initial eating:

I did all the ribs with the Guinness beer in the foil and all but 2 in the Guinness barbecue sauce.  I did 2 small sections in the Kikkoman Spicy Miso Teriyaki.   Very fine eats folks!!!  The whole 3-2-1 deal with ribs you guys do is the real thing.  The product I did was very good for a first time through.  I think I could have left them in the foil longer but these are far superior to anything I have ever bought in a restaurant.  Have I cooked better myself....yes.  Give me some more tries with this smoker and I believe I can make something that can walk on the water.

And last the corned beef brisket just after hitting 164f:

I am going to be enjoying this in some beauty sandwiches soon-come.  I will send along a picture and a review of a sandwich with mustard.
If you have it - smoke it.

mikecorn.1

Man, that looks good!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

squirtthecat

Good stuff!

I smoke corn beef briskeys when I can get them on sale.   They are good just by themselves, or even with a coating of Salt Lick Clone.

Good eats all around.

Caribou

Your big smoking project came out beautiful :)
They are eating good at the Hoss' house!
Carolyn