• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

new bradly setup help needed

Started by D.D., November 08, 2012, 04:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.D.

When i advance biscuits into smoker box, for first start. How many do i advance into smoker side? Just one, or do i advance to end of that feeder rail just b4 the water tray???????  ::)

GusRobin

Depends. The cycle is after 20 minutes the puck advances. So if you are pre-heating your smoker, you can load the chute, and turn it on. In an hour, a puck will be on the burner. I usually pre heat until the cabinet gets to the temp I want, and then advance the pucks to the burner.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Mark in Ottawa

I usually advance 2 so the leading puck is just in front of the burn plate and gives it 20 minutes to preheat by which time it will auto advance and start smoking just fine. YMMV.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
DBS 4-Rack w/ Auber dual-probe PID
Maverick ET-732

KyNola

If it is a new setup seasoning the Bradley, press the wood advance button on your BDS until you have the first puck on the burner.  The smoke generator will take it from there. When you first power on the smoke generator it should advance one puck so you will need to press the wood advance button twice to get the first puck to the burner.  Let the smoke generator cycle the puck out before pressing the wood advance button again.  You'll be able to hear it cycle and then hear a click.  The click is the end of the cycle.

Welcome to the Forum!

D.D.

Hey folks thankz sooooo much bradly was not to clear on this point :D :D :D