• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Craigslist OBS

Started by smokedog, October 28, 2012, 06:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokedog

Do yall think this crack in the door is enough to not buy the unit?  Are the new features available in the NEW OBS enough to buy or with a dual PID and the OBS are they about the same?

Toker

A new door cost 49.99$+ship, your decision now. :D

smokedog

Well that would make it almost the same as a brand new model form amazon...so now the question is the new original BS worth the price increase over the OBS?

Toker

Well sorry, don't know where you are shopping from but the new obs and the black here are same price. It is basically the same with the only noticeable difference, that the slider bar under the door, this thing is now a round dial located into the smoke gen. Same thing same result.

smokedog

Amazon has the OBS for 236....the BS611 is 292.  Both shipped.  So there is almost 60 dollar difference in the two. 

Jimmy

Toker

Like i said, they are almost the same so both of them are good. Just depend of your choice. Me, i have both and i like both :D

smokedog

Do you run a PID on both?

Toker

Yes but one at the time ;D I never smoke without my pid anymore. So easier.

smokedog

is it best to do the plug and play?  seems a bit steep at 185.  I dont have lots of tools to manufacture the unit myself (cutting the project box) which would save some cost....any idea if there are any of the forum members that put these together and sell them? 

Toker

Me i'm not handy so i have the plug and play but the do it your self seems half cheaper but it is not dual probe.

TedEbear

Quote from: smokedog on October 28, 2012, 08:03:26 PMI dont have lots of tools to manufacture the unit myself (cutting the project box) which would save some cost

Project box?  Just put it in the SG.

smokedog

You still have to cut the holes in the SG right?

TedEbear

Quote from: smokedog on October 29, 2012, 04:34:55 AM
You still have to cut the holes in the SG right?

Yes, either a Dremel or a jigsaw.

DetroitSmoke

If the crack in the door is just a cosmetic thing and the price is right I would go for it.  It will smoke just like a new one.  Your food wont know the difference.  You should see my rescued OBS.  The PO must have left it outside for years uncovered but it still smokes just fine.
Bradley BTIS1
Dual Element or Single w/switch
convection fan/switch, extra racks
Big Chief cold smoke gen
Kirkland SS Gas Grill
Please buy me a dual probe PID