• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Anyone try this stuffer?

Started by Bear1968, November 29, 2012, 05:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear1968

I made up a batch of Summer Sausage a few weeks ago and it was the first time I stuffed without anyone being around. I never really thought about it but it was a PAIN in the BUT and something that I care not to repeat!
With Deer Season in full swing I had a few friends ask me to make some Summer Sausage up so I needed to get on the ball.
I was looking for a larger capacity stuffer on Amazon and I found Dakotah Sausage Stuffer.  I was wondering if anyone ever tried it.
Seems I seen something similar here before   :)
UBC Local 268

JZ

Kirby (Pikeman95) makes a hydraulic stuffer and lots of folks on this forum use them. Send him a PM and he will send you a price list.

Bear1968

UBC Local 268

JZ

You're welcome.

He has a bunch of videos showing the stuffer in action that should help you get a better idea of it works too. Oh ya he makes several different sizes too. I wish I could hook you up with one of his videos but I can't find one. I'll look a little more.

Found one and I think this is his small stuffer. http://s943.photobucket.com/albums/ad274/pikeman_95/PETE%20AND%20BRAD%20SAUSAGE%20STUFFING/?action=view&current=SAUSAGEWITHPETEMOVIE.mp4

Habanero Smoker

I have the 10 pound Dakotah stuffer, and it works well, once you get past the learning curve. I don't use it as much any more, since most of my batches are generally 5 - 6 pounds. For that small batch it is easier to use my vertical stuffer.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

NePaSmoKer

Not that hard to figure out, i have the 10lb

lophole

I've used one for the past 9 years. Easy to use. One person operation. Great for jerky. Great for sticks w/o casings. EASY TO CLEAN. Also for small batches of stuffed sausages(under 20 lbs). Short learning curve.
lophole