New Smoker

Started by nancydrum, December 15, 2012, 06:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nancydrum

Hey everyone

I have wanted a Bradley smoker for a long time, but there was always something using up the spare money - well, I've been saving, and last week Canadian Tire had the digital 4 rack on sale - so I went ahead and got one as a Christmas gift to me.  I have seasoned it, and will be smoking something this weekend (maybe a chicken, or ribs - don't know yet)

I am really excited to finally start smoking - I've been reading the forum for a while in anticipation of needing the great info here - when I can afford it, I will get the recommended PIP, and maybe upgrade the element, as it gets kind of cold in the winter here, and that's when I will be doing most of my smoking.

I haven't seen a lot of women posting (my friends can't understand why I want a smoker - they buy diamond earrings!!)  They might understand why I wanted it when they taste what comes out of it - but they see this as a "man thing"

I will be lurking, and learning and enjoying all your company - I need to have someone who understands!!!

NePaSmoKer

Welcome

The Bradley forum has a few smoker women like

SiFumar
deb
carolyn
Susan

I may have missed a few.

You will find lots of help here.

beefmann

welcome aboard lots of good people and information here, if you need an answer to an issue .. ask and some one will answer it

Keymaster

Welcome aboard, Jerky is always fun to do on a Bradley smoker too.

GusRobin

welcome. You don't need the PID to enjoy your smoker. Things like butts, briskets, and most things besides sausage are forgiving and don't require as tight temp control. That said, I love my pid and 2nd element  ;D ;D ;D ;D
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Ketch22

Silvergrizz

Welcome aboard, have fun. There are great recipes and advice here that will surely impress your friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skishy

Welcome to the forum. Lots of great resources and people to get awesome advice from.

Happy smoking and welcome again!
"Hail to the King, baby!" - Bruce Campbell

2 - 4 rack OBS
1 - Brinkmann Pellet Smoker
1 - Masterbuilt Charcoal smoker

HSC5690

Welcome to the forum Nancy,  There are several women on here.  I bought our Digital for my husband as a anniversary/Christmas gift and as yet the only thing he does is turn it on and preheat it for me.  But he sure enjoys the summer sausage, canadian bacon, hillbilly bacon, kielbasa, hot dogs among a few of the items that have come off from it. You will love your new smoker.  I sure do mine (((his))).

viper125

Welcome! But do us a favor! Dont lurk! Join the fun, post pics and learn! But warning! Very addictive!  Also the one thing any one will tell you. If you are not 100% positive or dont know something ask, ask and ask! Nothing makes these guys strut their stuff more then a newbie and helping. Lol!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

BAM1

Welcome to your new support group
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

seb bot

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Canadian! :)

Hope you enjoy your new smoker, I too waited awhile and then bought it on sale at CT!

Let us know what you ended up making and how it turned out!

Shasta bob

Welcome to the forum from Oregon, this place is just full of great people and a wealth of great information.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Jim O

Welcome aboard.

I'm in a cold area also,and smoke all year round,with an "stock" BD4.

The only thing I do,is protect it from the wind (inside the garage,vented thru a window.).

Enjoy your new toy,and don't hesitate to ask for advice. Lots of talent on this forum!

Jim O

- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !