• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

sausage question

Started by mez, December 22, 2012, 06:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mez

I stuffed some Brats and German sausage last  night.How long can I leave them in the fridge before I smoke them?The wind is insane today I don't know if it's gonna die down so I can smoke them .

3rensho

Assuming very fresh meat, everything under 40o during grinding and stuffing, you're good for a couple of days.  If the assumptions are not valid then much less.  I am also assuming there is no cure in the sausage mix.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

mez

there is #1 cure in both .The meat should be fresh just got from the butcher yesterday.

NePaSmoKer

Sausage Shelf Life
                                                                                                                          Pantry    Refrigerator     Freezer

Bologna and Frankfurters, unopened                                                                     - -       2 weeks        1-2 months
Bologna and Frankfurters, opened*                                                                       - -           3-7 days               - -
Dry Smoked Sausage (e.g. Pepperoni, Jerky, Dry Salami), unopened                  1 year       - -                       - -
Semi-Dry Sausage (e.g. Summer Sausage)                                                              - -         2-3 weeks     6 months
Smoked Sausage (e.g. Mettwurst)                                                                            - -           1 week         1-2 months
Smoked Breakfast Sausage Links, Patties                                                               - -           1 week            2 months
Fresh Sausage                                                                                                            - -           1-2 days          1-2 months
Dry Smoked Sausage (e.g. Pepperoni, Jerky, Dry Salami), opened                               - -           1 month               - -

SiFumar

Thanks NEPA..a chart like that always helps!