• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Greetings from MI

Started by Arkitek, December 28, 2012, 09:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkitek

Hello all...Newbie here. I have joined the forum after receiving the OBS as a christmas gift...to myself!! After a few late nights I found I would probably need "more power" smoking here in the middle of winter. In the last few days I have purchased my Auber Dual Probe PID, the Maverick ET732 and the 900 Watt element to begin my mods. All this work in anticipation of some great smoked meat!!! I have read the posts about the element mods and have found some hardware from McMaster Carr I will share that might make the 900watt element installation easier...but certainly not cheaper :o I look forward to joining in the conversations and with your assistance learning the art of "slow and low"...
OBS - 4 rack
900 Watt Element Mod
Auber Dual Probe PID
Maverick ET732

SiFumar

Welcome to the forum!  We like conversations here and pictures!

mikecorn.1

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: SiFumar on December 28, 2012, 10:30:26 PM
Welcome to the forum!  We like conversations here and pictures!

Yeah

Ketch22

Silvergrizz

Welcome to the forum, do you have a smoked meat recipe you wish to share?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

beefmann

welcome aboard, here is  my 900 watt install, and it has cut  cooking times by 30 to 50 % ,,, also my PID Controller.. take a look...

heater mod
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=17329.msg209917#msg209917

pid controller that controls smoke generator and heater, lower is a digital timer
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=30684.0

hope this gives you  some insight and good information

Beefmann

Arkitek

I haven't even got so far as to think about recipes...I have a new OBS in pieces waiting to complete my mods first. Beefman thanks for the links...I have read almost every post related to the 900 watt mod in the last week. Everything but the convection fan will be here Monday to wrap up this craziness!! Btw beefman, I am rewiring the smoke box with 14 awg high temp wire, did you bypass your high limit sensor because you have PID controller or just keep it inline? Thanks...pics to follow next week!!!
OBS - 4 rack
900 Watt Element Mod
Auber Dual Probe PID
Maverick ET732