• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Started by ejp1168, January 15, 2013, 01:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ejp1168

I am Eric. i have been smoking for two months now. Love to smoke anything i can. Still learning and hope to learn a lot more from you veteran smokers. Thanks for your time.

Salmonsmoker

Welcome to the forum ejp, the learning and assistance never stops here.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

beefmann

Welcome aboard Eric .

lots of good information and good people here.. don't be afraid to ask a  question .. if you  dont know.. you  dont know and most likely get several responses to your question then you  decide on which way to  go,,, maybe a  mis of all the responses works for you

Ketch22

Welcome to the forum  :)

mikecorn.1

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

Shasta bob

2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

BrianD9765

Dear Meat Abby,

The Smoker Stork delivered my new digital 4 rack today. Woo Hoo! However, my excitement was short-lived. Let me give the back story:

Like many of you I am sure, I love to cook...and eat. I have taken many cooking courses and classes (just signed up to ROUXBE.com as well...awesome) A smoker is about the only cooking device I didn't have, so in October I bought a MasterForge smoker from Lowes. Nice unit, smoke came out, it cooked stuff..what else should I expect? This unit has a door and 2 drawers. well after several uses, I noticed the metal on the inside of one of the drawers warped and popped a few rivets, causing the drawer not to seal. I called Masterforge and they sent me a new drawer front. A short time later, same result. I exchanged the unit, cooked my Thanksgiving turkey in the new one and it happened again! I returned it, got my money back and did my homework on smokers.

Which brings to my delivery today: I set it up (super easy) and although I am not going use it today I decided to turn it on. (insert cricket noise here) Nothing. Power..check. Fuse...good. Customer service...sending an exchange. Do I have a smoke curse? 3 smokers and I still need meat!!

~Sad without Smoking

mikecorn.1

Quote from: BrianD9765 on January 16, 2013, 11:15:30 AM
Dear Meat Abby,

The Smoker Stork delivered my new digital 4 rack today. Woo Hoo! However, my excitement was short-lived. Let me give the back story:

Like many of you I am sure, I love to cook...and eat. I have taken many cooking courses and classes (just signed up to ROUXBE.com as well...awesome) A smoker is about the only cooking device I didn't have, so in October I bought a MasterForge smoker from Lowes. Nice unit, smoke came out, it cooked stuff..what else should I expect? This unit has a door and 2 drawers. well after several uses, I noticed the metal on the inside of one of the drawers warped and popped a few rivets, causing the drawer not to seal. I called Masterforge and they sent me a new drawer front. A short time later, same result. I exchanged the unit, cooked my Thanksgiving turkey in the new one and it happened again! I returned it, got my money back and did my homework on smokers.

Which brings to my delivery today: I set it up (super easy) and although I am not going use it today I decided to turn it on. (insert cricket noise here) Nothing. Power..check. Fuse...good. Customer service...sending an exchange. Do I have a smoke curse? 3 smokers and I still need meat!!

~Sad without Smoking
Sorry, it's a mute cricket ;D ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

BrianD9765

"Sorry, it's a mute cricket" ;D ;)

would you use a fruitwood for that mute cricket or something stronger?  ;)

KyNola

Turn the smoke generator upside down.  Remove the 8 perimeter screws.  Don't remove the ones in the middle.  The generator will open clamshell style.(No, this won't void the warranty)  Check every connection within the generator.  Sometimes in shipping the connections will loosen from the jarring.

Let us know if you continue to have issues.  We're here to help.

Tenpoint5

Also try unplugging and re plugging in the power cords to the back of the unit. When they are new they are really tight and sometimes need a little extra persuasion to fully seat and make good connections!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!