• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New 4 Rack Smoker - Is this a problem with the temperature controller

Started by paulsnapp, December 25, 2012, 06:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulsnapp

I bought the Auber Dual Probe PID and installed it in my Bradley.  What a world of difference it makes.  Temps are now right on and no more wandering temp swings.  I chose the wall mount probe and the drop in internal meat probe.  Those who warned on this forum about the thin stainless steel tearing with the drill bit were right.  I followed their advice and drilled a smaller than needed hole in the back wall for the probe and then finished up the hole diameter with a Dremel ginding bit.  Had I not done so the hole would have been a mess. 
Bradley 4 Rack Digital Smoker
Auber Dual Probe PID Controller
Second Heating Element Mod
Smoke and Stuff Fan Mod

GusRobin

One nice thing about the cabinet, if you screw up drilling a hole, a nut bolt and washer corrects the problem. (Don't ask how I know this.)
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Quarlow

Quote from: Quarlow on December 26, 2012, 07:38:12 AM
The Bradley control works perfectly fine for its intended usage. Try putting a temp probe thermometer in your $2000 oven and see what the temp swing of it is. Bradley could certainly tighten up there controls if you want to pay another hundred or two.
Geez, I just reread this and I sounded hostile. Not intended and I apologize if I offended anyone. I had some stressful crap going on but I didn't realize it was effecting my post. So I am going to find a rock to climb under. LOL
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

paulsnapp

Bradley 4 Rack Digital Smoker
Auber Dual Probe PID Controller
Second Heating Element Mod
Smoke and Stuff Fan Mod