• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pre-Wired PID

Started by robs, August 01, 2006, 09:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

I'll be waiting for instructions Rob. I need to make three or four of them for the new smokers. The Johnson controls I use cost that much and are unreliable as all get out. Thanks in advance for all your efforts. ;)

robs

You guys are getting me fired up. I may have to shoot for having it done Saturday night!

rob

winemakers

I'm looking forward to the instructions!  Bought everything 6 months ago, and there it sits, in a box.  A new thread would fire me up to put it together.

mld

ps: and provide a new thread to ask questions when the damn thing wont work

:D

robs

I have a great start on this. I will post it later tonight.

Sausage Guy

I am new to the forum as well - Had my Bradley since Christmas and its awesome.  I too have been looking through the forum regarding the PID upgrade and look forward to Rob's posting.

But as part of my reading, I also notice that the extra heating element is recommended by several of the old timers, and seems right since sometimes on cold days it takes awhile to get things back to temp after opening the BS up for a mopping session. 

Unfortunately, I don't have an old breadmaker laying around - does anyone have a recommendation on a commercially available heating element and mount?  Seems like Rob's SSR will handle the extra element with the 25A rating.

Special Blend Dave